People interested in cycling are constantly talking about something called “cadence”. I have no idea what that is and I’d like to know since I’ll start training cycling very soon. And please, since I’m totally out of the terminology, explain in plain language so that I can understand. Is that something important I should take care about when cycling?

Um, to put it in a nutshell, cadence is actually the speed at which a cyclist is pedaling. What you should know is that cyclist usually chose one cadence and sports bikes have good gear and you can set the cadence that suits you best and use it constantly. There is a range of various cycling cadences depending on whether a cyclist is pro or recreational. So, recreational cyclists usually produce the speed of 60-80 rpm, cyclists who participate in races cycle from 80-120 rpm and very fast sprinters can achieve even up to 170 rpm, but that falls under anaerobic phase and can last only for a short time. Some people think that the higher cadence the better cyclist.