Hi, my grandfather is advised to have a TURP - Transurethral resection of the prostate. The surgery takes 90 minutes, but how long does it take to recover from it?

Usually, patients should stay in the hospital for about 3 days after surgery, because a catheter is used to drain urine. Some require a few weeks up to a month to be able to come back to work and other everyday activities. During the recovery period some rules should be followed like: avoid heavy lifting, driving, or operating machinery. It is recommended to drink plenty of water to flush the bladder. Generally, moderate life style is recommended like after any surgery. This includes eating a balanced diet and not taking big amounts of food or drink. Some patients complain of blood in the urine after TURP surgery, but it goes away very soon.

What causes the ankles to swell after turp surgery?

I am 81 years old My turp was preformed on 2/28/13 doctor gold my wife it went well and to make an appt to have
the cath removed the following monday. the Med Asst just snatched the foley cath not even deflating the bulb so I ended
back in the hospital for 6 days and nights... such unbearble pain, death would have been a relief. I still get the urge to pee without notice and have to run to the toilet... Some durgs aggravate the uretha... If I could unring that bell I would have
gladly.... I have no improvement that I can tell. The doctor did an exploratory to see what went wrong but he didnt share the infor so we have no idea...