Hello

Can you help please? My question is relating to the timing of Hymenoplasty. Having it too soon before marriage might compromise the results through natural tearing, but having it too late could result in the surgery being detectable? So when before my marriage would be the best timing for the surgery? I am engaged, no marriage date set yet, but I am looking for answers at the earliest possible convenience. 

Any doctor or somebody who has undergone Hymenoplasty successfully, answers from you would be noted with gratitude. 

Good question. I have read in some places that the best time is six weeks before marriage, and in other places that two months is best.

I would think it is best to consult surgeons (in your area or where you are going to have the surgery) about the ideal hymenoplasty to marriage night time, as it may vary from surgeon to surgeon.

I think you are right though that having the surgery too far away from your marriage date is not good because the hymen can naturally rupture with vigorous physical activity even if you avoid tampons. And too close, and you will show signs of surgery, which may be more crucial if you are from a situation where outside checks of virginity will be made.

I am sorry you are in this situation! You are still talking about a pretty major surgery that involves general anesthesia and spending lots of money. It's good though, that you have time to make this happen. I do not know much about this procedure though I've read about it, but my main concern I think, would be privacy. That is, making sure the clinic you go to is not in a place where anyone you know might hear about you having the hymenoplasty. And, surgery can be botched too. You need to know that your surgeon won't jeopardize your safety in any way. 

OK, I don't know much about getting your virginity restored surgically myself but I do wanna wish you the best of luck in this situation, can't imagine having to go through that myself. I do remember reading an article about it right here on SteadyHealth though so I thought I'd come here and share it so you can maybe read it. 

Here goes: https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/hymen-repair-surgery-whats-involved-with-hymenoplasty-and-why-would-you-want-it

I'm also sure every surgeon has their own recommendations though and basically what you wanna do is use review sites to find the best you can afford and then listen to what they say. Good luck. 

As far as I am aware, you need to be careful not to rupture the new hymen in the first week to 10 days after surgery. After that, the new hymen will "build strength" and last on its own as long as you don't do things that could rupture it such as extreme sports and using tampons. It should be good for a long time, so even if you get hymenoplasty now and get married in nine months it should still be fine. That's a big risk to take though, but on the other hand you also don't want signs of surgery to still be visible. Talking to the surgeon will ensure your best timeline.

Celebrity

Hey,

I have done some digging about this topic before and what I found is that the ideal hymenoplasty to marriage timing is about two or three months, if your family or your future husband's family want to perform a virginity check. If you leave it much longer, for example a year or two, you will need to see a doctor to assess the condition of your repaired hymen before undergoing any kind of virginity check. Your new hymen may still be fully intact, but it could have ruptured for non-sexual reasons in the meantime as well. Better safe than sorry, as they say. 

Rosie