a couple of days ago i found a bunch of white spots/bumps that had been formed around my labia minora, though i’m not entirely sure as to how long they have been there. my initial thought was that it could’ve been herpes, though i’ve only ever been with one partner before and he doesn’t/hasn’t had any STI’s in the past. these spots can only be seen when i stretch the skin as far as possible and are smooth when having ran your fingers on it, meaning the spots are on the inside. it slightly itches/is tingly but no other genital herpes symptoms such as: painful urination, burning, etc, apply to me. however, ever since i had discovered these spots, i woke up with a cold and have swollen lymph nodes in my neck, headache, blocked ears, sore throat, achy body and a fever. after doing some research i found that these symptoms are likely to occur when having genital herpes so i was obviously nervous and scared. further research showed that these could also be fordyce bumps that usually every woman gets and is known to be very common during puberty. i also found that it could sometimes be itchy. 

should i be worried or could these flu symptoms have nothing to do with herpes and mean that i’m just simply ill? are these just fordyce bumps or am i overthinking?

Health Guru

Hi guest, they are probably just foredyce spots an not related to your other symptoms but without actually being able to see makes it hard to say for sure.

yes sorry i didn’t feel comfortable posting photos. but they are literally just white bumps/spots on the inside of my labia minora and can only be seen when the skin down there is strechted as far as possible. it’s red around the spots but the spots themselves are just white. but they’re very prominent when the skin is stretched. i panicked when i first saw it. there’s a cluster of spots and it just goes down surrounding around my whole labia minora. it’s a little itchy/tingle too sometimes. how are fordyce bumps formed? could it be because of shaving too often or the shaving cream/conditioner used? also my discharge is odourless but sometimes comes out yellowy-green? does that mean anything?

http://www.pcds.org.uk/clinical-guidance/fordyce-spots-syn.-fordyces-granules#!prettyPhoto mine looks pretty identical to figure 3 and 6 just the spots are a lot whiter

Health Guru
Fordyce spots are just Sebaceous glands that are found around hair follicles and they secret oil or a waxy substance and normally show up more on people that have oily skin, they are totally harmless an need no treatment at all. The itch and tingle you say you get could be down to irritation caused by shaving or even external yeast infections if the area gets red and inflamed to, the yellowy green discharge though is something I would advise you get checked out as it could be a sign of infection.
Hope this helps.

thank you so much this helped a lot!

Health Guru
Your welcome and if you have any more questions feel free to ask.

hi i’m back with another problem hahaha. last saturday and sunday my partner and i had unprotected sex. i’m not on the pill however, he pulled out and there was barely any precum produced. i know it’s possible to get pregnant off of precum yet it’s very rare. i took the morning after pill on monday (over 24 hours later but less than 48 hours). is it possible for me to still get pregnant? i personally believe that the chances were very slim to begin with so the pill has reduced the chances even more (even though i took it a little later which makes it less effective). ever since the night we had sex i’ve been very irritated down there. after looking it up i found something about a urine infection. my pee smells a bit, i pee much more frequently because i always have a sudden urge to go to the toilet (even after just peeing), my discharge is different everyday, it doesn’t sting or burn when i pee however, it’s sometimes itchy. i also reached in my vagina (which i know sounds odd) but i felt two small bumps? could this be a cyst? is it serious? my lower abdomen has swollen ever since last weekend and slightly hurts, as well as my lower back. i took an STD test today and am expecting results soon. will the bloating go away? should i be worried?

Health Guru
Hi, most emergency contraception pills cover up to 72 hours after an some longer still, as to if you would even get pregnant would also depend on your cycle and where abouts into your cycle you was.
It is always best for a woman to go pee straight after intercourse as there urethra is only short and that makes it easier for infection to reach the bladder, your symptoms of bloating could be due to ec pill as they normally bring on a period after taking them.

my period is due on the 3rd of october. i wasn’t ovulating when we had sex but i’m not entirely sure if that helps at all? what about the small bumps? do you think those are serious?

Health Guru
What date did your last start as that would be more relevant, when you say inside you actually mean up inside your vagina entrance an not just inside the labia an how far inside?

i last started on the 2nd of september (this month). yeah like literally up inside it. there’s one small bump and the inside of my vagina feels like it’s swollen up. when i took my fingers out there was white discharge but it kind of smelled metallic. and literally as far as my finger can go which isn’t that far as my hands are very small haha

Health Guru

It could be that you have a mild yeast infections as for the bumps I can't really say, have you never felt them before or is this the first time really examining the inside your vagina? Does your labia or vulva itch or irritate at all and have you taken a close look external an between the labia using a hand mirror?

no i’ve never had it before there’s literally one small bump and the inside of my vagina is swollen. i’m really confused, this is the first time it’s happened to me. yeah i sorta do get itchy and irritated, more around the entrance of my vagina than the labia/vulva, it’s a little sore around the entrance. i’ve looked at it with a mirror but everything looks fine there’s nothing that looks alarming or worrying.

Health Guru
I would say it's probably a yeast infections by what you say about swollen an itchy, does the entrance or between the labia look red at all?