Hi, I had my wisdom tooth removed several months ago, and ever since then I've noticed a horrible smell coming from the socket! It's like the smell you get after flossing but much worse! I don't suffer any pain with it. I mentioned this to my dentist who didn't even seem to listen to me. I've tried extra brushing, and various mouthwashes including salt water. Has anyone got an idea what this could be?

i still insist u see your dentist or better stlill, go do x-ray.

Thanks for your advice, but I don't think my dentist would be up for giving me an x-ray she wasn't exactly helpful when I mentioned this to her.

Honey, find a different dentist! Have you considered a dental school? Downside: work is done by students, so it takes longer, and they may be tentative, not yet confident. Upside: work is supervised and double-checked by teachers, it's done at a fraction of the cost, and the school has the latest in methods/technology/findings. If an answer to your question is out there, it will likely be at a dental school!