i had a wisdom tooth {top right} extracted 6 weeks ago, i had stinging then could smell a bleach smell then my nose went all blocked and stuffy. since then i am having stinging at the back of my nose, i have had x-ray at dentist after extraction to see if anything had been damaged. which come up clear, i've also been to see my gp who prescribed me some nose spray which you use for hayfever. this has not helped. i am currently waiting to see the ears, nose and throat specialist, as i am still waiting for the letter for date and time, i want to no has anyone else had this problem

thankyou

Hopefully you don't have any nerve damage, but keep checking with the correct professionals. Don't let them tell you that they don't know what's going on. Keep knocking on doors. Insist on getting answers, especially if you did not have any of these problems before the extraction. Hopefully the surgeon will do the right thing and take responsibility for whatever is going on. I wish you a speedy answer and recovery. Please let us know what happens. Good luck!

It sounds to me like there might have been some sort of minor nerve damage. If you are still having issues, rather than check with the same physician who worked on you, try getting a second opinion. I know that it's likely that there's nothing wrong and it might just be part of the healing process, but it's also possible that something went wrong and the physician who worked on you might not know what's happening because he doesn't see it. I wish you luck. Keep us posted!