i am 19 years old and 10 weeks pregnant and i have been trying to make the decision of keeping the baby, or terminating it. i'm not a believer of that sort of termination but i am so young and without a career or any future plans. i have no money saved up and my boyfriend is pretty much useless because he is in university and i'm just working at a local salon. my parents are supportive and so are his and they respect whichever decision i decide to make. my problem is i have known for about 3 weeks now and i know i have to make a decision quickly but i am under so much stress and i have been unable to come to any conclusions. everyone tells me to do what i think is right, and what i want to do.. and i am trying to figure out what i think is right and what it is that i want to do but i am so torn between both decisions. i am wondering if anyone has been in or is in my position and can maybe give me some advice.. thank you very much
- august

Hi there August.

I had an abortion when I was 19, I have had more than one, but we'll not get into that.

I went to nursing school since then and got a college education, something that I could not have done IF I had children already. I now work for planned parenthood and an abortion clinic.

I believe that it is okay to change your mind about abortion, and think it is okay in certain situations.

You are young, and you do have a future and career ahead of you. Abortion will not affect your fertility, and you would be able to have children later on.
Things to ask yourself:

Do you feel ready to have a baby now?

Children deserve the BEST, do you feel able to give the best to future children you have?

You have to ultimately do what is right for you. If abortion is right for you, then it is okay.

If being a mom is right for you, then it is okay.

HI AUGUST! I MYSELF HAVE NEVER HAD AN ABORTION. BUT I HAVE LOST 1 BABY RECENTLY. AND IT WAS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS I EVER WENT THROUGH. I AM ONLY 20 YRS OLD. AND I ALREADY HAVE A BEAUTIFUL 2 1/2 YRS OLD LITTLE GIRL. WHEN ME AND MY BF FOUND OUT I WAS PREGNANT WE KNEW WE WAS TOO YOUNG, BUT NEITHER OF US BELIEVED IN ABORTION. SO WE KEPT HER. AND WITH OUR 2ND PREGNANCY WE WAS GOING TO KEEP IT, BUT AT 8 WKS BABY STOPPED GROWING AND THERE WAS NO HEARTBEAT. IT BROKE MY HEART SEEING MY LITTLE BABY ON THE MONITOR. I JUST WANT TO GIVE YOU SOME ENCOURAGMENT CAUSE THERE ARE WOMEN OUT THERE WHO ARE YOUNG PARENTS THAT HAVE MADE IT. ME AND MY BOYFRIEND NOW HAVE JOBS. AND WE ARE DOING PRETTY GOOD FOR HOW YOUNG WE ARE. I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW THAT WHAT EVER DICESION YOU MAKE IT WILL BE THE RIGHT ONE FOR YOU. EITHER WAY OPENS UP A NEW PATH FOR YOU. BEST REGARDS!

I really suggest that you should have the baby and put it up for adoption, people younger than you do it all the time. Give someone that cannot have children a chance to be a mother. I do not think that abortion is the answer, especially when there are so many trying for a baby and cannot have one naturally, give them a gift that you cannot receive.

I would also say consider all your options. I was a teen mother, far younger than you, and I kept my child and raised her practically on my own with only help from my family and a few people I have had long term relationships with (I was married once for about 5 years to someone other than her father). Raising a child is hard work, it is a complete life change. However where as 14 years ago I barely completed high school, I now make 60k a year and support my daughter (and her sibling that came 9 years ago) on my own. It is entirely possible especially with a lot of support.

Adoption is another choice, there are so many couples out there who cannot have children and try for decades. They are usually extremely financially secure and are excited to be parents.

I personally do not believe in abortion except in rare cases... and I certainly do not condone the use of abortions as birth control (which is what I believe happens when you have more than 1 abortion).

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all of your advice, I really find comfort in knowing that I am not the only one who has been in this position. I thought I would let everyone know that I have decided to have the baby and of course keep it for myself to raise my own family! My boyfriend is OK with it so far and his family is very supportive, I just have yet to tell my father. My family is also supportive, so wish me luck! and I wish you all luck as well :-)

Hello August.
As a mom I dont think abortion is an option but I respect anyones decision. I had my son when I was 19 same as you and WAS ABLE TO GET A CARRER! and do everything I need to do. It takes more effort but you can do it! I will be cheering for you I'm happy you decided to keep your baby you will see how everything turns out fine, children are such a blessing you will know what I mean the day you see your baby in your arms. No love is quite like it, my son is 3 now and sometimes I catch myself looking at him like I have just seen him for the first time and the feeling is awesome. I just found out I'm pregnant again and can't wait to meet him/her. Good luck my prayers are with you.

If you ever need any advice or need someone to vent to about being a young mom, let me know August. Congratz on your choice and I truly wish you all the best there is. Enjoy your pregnancy the best you can, and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

make sure that u think it through thouroughly...it was worst decision of my life to get an abortion...i still get sad from it but im young and i was thinking about my future

Hi August
i am really happy for you. keep up the good job, and may god bless ou :-)

I wish you the best August.

hey

i am 25 and married to a very caring husband. i was planning to go back to school for my studies n now i have a unplanned pregnancy.

i am toooooo confused and need some advice from u people. i feel with a baby my career , my early married life ( just 1 yr now) everythin will just change.
should i go for abortion? plz help