im 20 yrs old and already have a 2 yr old daughter who i do not regret having, i found out today that i am 5 weeks pregnant i have no idea what to do i have never worked but all i really want is to get a job and see the best by my child my husband is in the army, i am unsure if i could cope with another child but dont think i could bring myself to abort, my family will not agree with me having another baby as i am so young and dont think i could deal with the stress all over again, as i will get no support im unsure what to do my head is all over the place, help?

Hi guest,

Have you considered placing this baby up for adoption?  Lots of families that can't conceive would love to have a healthy child of their own.

It is an option for you.

Good luck.

Hi guest,

Honestly the decision is not up to your family, it is up to you and your husband and what you think together is best for you and your family. I have been through a similar situation so maybe I can help a little.

I had an abortion about 6 years ago and was pushed by my ex very hard to go through with it. I got very sick and became very depressed for a long time. I regret ever having done it and still wonder to this day if my baby would have been a boy or a girl and what they would be like. Before that incident I was against abortions because I really knew nothing about them, after experiencing one I have come to my own conclusions about the procedure. Everyone is different and has the right to decide what they want because they want it, not because a family member or signifigant other wants them to do it.

In 2008 I found myself in the position again with a new boyfriend. He asked me to get an abortion and put pressure on me throughout the pregnancy to give up our son. He was very distant from me the entire pregancy so I did that on my own. My aunt, who I lived with at the time, pressured me also into having an abortion. She said that I should not bring another child into poverty and that I should just avoid the whole situation and my boyfriends mother even agreed with her and said I was ruining her son's life because she didn't think he was ready to have children, we were both 22 and in college at the time. It was very hard but I stood up for myself and went through with the pregnancy and had a beautiful healthy baby boy in october 2008. His father and I just got married last week and my husband's mother loves our son more than anything in the world even though in the beginning she had a different opinion. And even though we don't have a lot of money, our son has everything he needs and is a happy little boy. 

I just wanted to show you that even though things seem like the are the worst they could possibly get, you never really know how things are going to turn out. Giving the baby up for adoption is also an option but may be another hard one. There are many programs avilable to help financially with food, insurance and many other things which I took advantage of while I was pregnant. If you decide that an abortion is best, if I was your friend or family member, I would support your decision and if you decided not to I would also support your decision. Your family should support you in the decision You want, no matter which one it is, because they are there to love you and not to judge you.

I hope I helped a little :)

This is a decision for you and your husband to have.  Everyone has a story about why and when they had their abortion(s).  I do too.. but this particular issue is something that only you and him have to decide.  You have to do what is best for you, not your family, friends etc.  I just want to tell you if you do decide to have an abortion, you will get past the sadness.  It takes a while but at least for my own personal experience, when I finally let go of the guilt of having my abortion, my life became must better.  You at least have your husband to talk with to help get you thru whatever you decision is.