I had two tubular pregnancies. The first one was almost fatal and the entire tube was removed(I was 36 years old). I had my second one a year later but was told by the doctor he had only severed half of it. I am in my 40's now and for the last couple of days have been ovulating very heavily. I never ovulated like this before either. I'm wondering if there could be a chance to conceive with just a half of a tube and why would I be ovulating so heavily?? Great advice is greatly appreciated :) 

Hi Lisa,

Without knowing exactly what was done we can only speculate.  Normally you need an INTACT fallopian tube to conceive.  Without it there is no path for the egg.

Sometimes the fallopian tubes do heal.  Often however, there is more scarring that can make pregnancy unlikely.  This scarring also increases the odds of another ectopic pregnancy occurring.

I'm assuming you mean your menstruation is different.  If it continues, see your gynecologist for a check up.

Good luck.

Thank you much!