I am 13 years old, began going through puberty at the age of 12 and I also began mastaurbating at that age too. However i clean my penis by pulling back the foreskin in the shower and bath however it still smells? I mean i clean it at least once a day, the only place i think the stentch could be coming from is under the part of the skin that attatches the head of my penis to the foreskin? The head of my penis is still connected to the foreskin so i cant completely retract it so could that be the reasons why it smells? Also will this peice of skin/tissue ever come off so i can fully retract it?

Hi, you seem to very good attending to your personal hygene so the reason for the smell may be that you have an infection. Go see a doctor (not easy I know cos your 13 and embarrassed) your doc will have seen other penises so will not be judging you.

You should be able to clean under or around it quite well. Are you getting your foreskin back far enough to clean out the groove behind the head?

At your age, smegma is often produced so fast that it seems impossible to keep it clean. I used to clean mine and when I pulled the foreskin back a couple hours later there would be some there again.

The piece of skin is probably your frenulum. Google that for images and see if that's it. Your frenulum will not go away by itself but many of us have had it tear and in that way it self destructed.

Yeah I can pull it back that far but it seems like there is no smegma at all, the only bit I am unable to clean is where the frenulum is as I cant move it obviously. Is the frenulum supposed to go away or not?

The frenulum is supposed to be there. It is permanent.

If you can't clean under your foreskin, try using a rubber bulb ear syringe. It is designed for squirting water into ear canals to clean out wax but it also works great for flushing out foreskins.

Sorry, I missed your reply.

The frenulum won't go away naturally. I hear people say to stretch it but mine was not stretchable. Mine tore during sex. It was not terribly painful but the bleeding was quite a surprise. The first time it became shorter after it healed so it tore again. That time I put some toilet paper in the tear so the ends couldn't heal back together and rolled the foreskin back up over the head. It tore a few more times and I did the same TP trick each time. Now it's like it was never there and my foreskin can be pulled back so the tip is all the way down at the bottom of the shaft.

When you retract it can you get at the groove behind the head to clean that?

At your age smegma likes to grow quite fast so it's hard to keep it clean. Als some people smell more than others so I wouldn't worry.

What do you mean the tip is at the bottom of the shaft?

The tip of the foreskin is all they way down to the bottom when I pull it back. If I painted the tip with a marker when it's forward the mark would be next to my abdomen when I pull the foreskin all the way back. The whole skin just rolls all the way back with nothing stopping it or tugging on the head.

are you sure it is from under the foreskin? It could be a bladder infection (will need to see a doctor so he or she can determine if you need antibiotics) once a urine sample has been collected. Next time you urinate, see if it is the urine which smells--a strong odor- fish smell, but smell like bad penis smell. It is most likely a bladder infection--do you hold your urine too long, to you fully void your bladder, to you drink lots of water. Next time you wash your penis wait and see if the smell is there after you wash and you have urinated. I am sure you will notice that the smell is from your urine so get that checked.

The frenulum isn't supposed to go away its the source and center of all the sexual pleasure you experience, it is very important and it is what you stimulate when you masturbate so don't go too hard on it. It's a very sensitive tissue with loads of nerve endings. Without it, you wouldn't feel pleasure which is why cut (circumcised men) have slightly less pleasure when stimulating that area.

I don't recall mine ever being the source of pleasure, it was NOT sensitive to rubbing or touching except to produce pain when I pulled my foreskin back too far. It did NOT stretch as others have said but now that it's GONE I can enjoy a lot of pleasure from being able to pull my foreskin all the way back and stretch the inner surface.