Hi I'm 14 and I have question about the foreskin and the glan(while exposed) I can retract the foreskin fully when I'm not erect ...why is that???.... and when I retract myself sometimes I become erect and the pain is just unbearable...why is that???... When I'm retracted I can rub the glan allday but when I leave it retracted and put it in my pants it goes back to being sensitive when it touches my clothes . Why is that??? When im erect and retracted at the same time it feels like it cuts off the circulation or proper blood flow to the glan and it becomes painful and swollen.. Why is that

Hi Tradsdent,

It's all normal.

Up to about 16, most young men are not able to retract their foreskin when erect.  By the time you reach 16 or so, you should be able to pull it back when erect.

Your glans is sensitive because there are a lot of nerves there and they've been protected your entire life.  Leaving your glans exposed is a good thing to do.

When you get erect while it is retracted now, it does cut off blood flow.  You really shouldn't do this as it actually can get "stuck" and then it's a trip to the ER. 

Hope it helps.

Hi Traw:

At age 14, you are still developing. Your foreskin is getting looser so now it is just wide enough to retract whene you are soft, but not wide enough to let you retract when your penis is hard and wider. If you become erect while your foreskin is retracted the pressure of the erection stretches your foreskin and causes it to hurt. It can cut off the circulation as you mention. This is called paraphimosis.