I have had a perfect 28 day cycle with little period symptoms for 20+ years. Usually little to no cramping probably due to being athletic. My period was suppose to start on Dec 6 but hadn't by Dec 9, my period was late & I was excited that I might be pregnant b/c I was nauseous, urinated frequently, fatigued, skin breaking out & (I have good skin) but I took a pregancy test & it was negative. My husband & I had intercourse on day 3 (Dec 8 ) of my cycle & then I started bleeding on day 5 (Dec 10) but it was only when I wiped. The blood was light red/pink but I wouldn't call it spotting and I wouldn't call it a flow b/c nothing comes out on a pad. I had some light cramping but it's nothing that couldn't be considered a little gas. The blood is light enough that I don't need a pad, I just use some rolled up tissue to protect my undies but I don't even need that b/c it doesn't 'pour' out, so to speak. I'm wondering if I could be pregnant. I've read enough about implantation bleeding & decidual bleeding but I can't get an understanding of how much blood is considered 'spotting' and how much blood is seen as normal while pregnant. I believe implantation bleeding is suppose to occur before your expected period begins and not during it so I've ruled out implantation bleeding plus it's not brown blood. Could I have decidual bleeding? should I just wait until another week to take a pregnancy test? There is no reason why my period started 5 days late b/c I am not under stress, I haven't changed my workout routine or my eating regimen and I'm not on any medication. any explanations would be helpful. I don't want to call my doctor yet b/c I don't want to seem like a hypochondriac :-) My hubby & I are trying to conceive and we had sex several times around the date that I ovulated, including the day that I ovulated. Thank you.

It sounds like you might be pregnant, yes. A late period then light spotting like that is conducive with implantation bleeding.

It might be too early to test and that's why you got a negative. Wait a week or two and test again. The best time to test is first thing in the morning when your urine is not diluted and is dark.

hi babydust what was the out come for you as im kind of in the same situation