I am in my 10th week of pregnancy and am experiencing sharp shooting pains that come an go in my abdomen. I never had this type of pain when I was not pegnant. Is this normal? I'm not sure what this pain could be related to?

If the pains are in the lower abdomen, they are most likely from stretching of your uterus. These symptoms occur around 8th week and will probably go away in later pregnancy.
With fetus development, uterus expands too and this can cause different symptoms including abdominal cramps.

Besides abdominal cramps, expanding uterus could cause backaches as the uterus may be pressing the spinal cord in the lower part, pressing down the sciatic nerve. Besides pain in the lower back, this could even cause pain in the buttocks and legs just like in the sciatica.

If the pain becomes intolerable, you should inform your doctor. If you suddenly start bleeding with severe pain, you should see your doctor right away.

if i were you i wouldnt really waste my time posting here instead i'd go straight to the doctor or at least make a phone call, this is yours and your baby´s life you shouldnt take any risks by listening to possible causes that people here might say beacuse really, i dont think any of them are doctors and even if they were they dont know you so you cant take any advice ffrom them, if you have any kind of pain it doesnt matter how little it is. so really if you´re about to become a parent be responsible and do the right thing, GO TO THE DOCTOR