So, I have been on suboxone for 6+ years and have been tapering off as told by my doctors..I was on 8mg p/day the entire period. Of course everytime I tell them I want off, they say" it's not time " ...guess what, it is time.. I'm a single mother of 2 little ones and don't want this "crutch" anymore..

On to my HELP part... This is absolutely the worst detox I have EVER gone through! Been in detox 5x before starting the suboxone.  I tapered from 8mg for a few months and was down to .25 mg then took that every other day.. Haven't taken ANY subs in 5 days....I'm dying over here! Any success stories out there, or does anyone find any sort of relief?

Im ready to give up over here!

Yes, of course it's possible to get off suboxone.

There is something SERIOUSLY wrong if your doctors are telling you not to get off suboxone.

If suboxone is the worst withdrawal you've been through then I think you were prescribed more suboxone than you needed.

Don't worry about being on suboxone just because you have children.  It's better to be in a maintenance program than to try medicating yourself or to risk getting arrested if you get addicted to an illegal narcotic.

Hey sweetie (soberchick05)
I too am on Day 5! Congrats to both of us for making it this far!!! I was an addict for 6 maybe even 7 years, starting with hydros going to any other opiate I could get my hands on. I wound up pregnant a few years ago and even tho I could not stop taking pills I cut down to the bare minimum. My dr prescribed them to me (i have spinal stenosis) But needless to say my daughter was born addicted :( she was and is ok now but I felt like the biggest piece of sh*t. So after I hit rock bottom, my addiction spiraled out of control. I was eating my script in 3 days (120 10/500s) and paying thousands to keep me going the rest of the month.... Well one of my best friends was hooked on heroin and wound up doing prison time because he was supporting his habit illegally. When he was released after 2 years he told me about Suboxone because that's what he was given to kick the H. Of coarse his dr gave him way more then needed so he was flipping some to me. I would alternate between those and pills for almost 4 months. Well he and I started dating (the ex hubby left me) and I vowed to him to do the sub thing with him and wean off cause we wanted to have a baby and for 3 months I was on 8mg sub a day and that's it. So he thought anyway :( I was abusing the subs to and once he caught on that his script was coming up short I blamed it on his brother stealing them. I started taking pills to boot again! I couldn't stop! Well we moved in together a couple months later and I decided I'd had enough lying to the man of my dreams (we never imagined being so good with each other even tho we've know one another for 10+ years) and was going to quit cold turkey. My last 2 weeks were a week of hydros then a week of sub 8mg a day and I just stopped. Boy did that SUCK sooooo bad! I was in bed for a week made it threw the worst and felt good. I did nothing took nothing just laid in bed sweeting it out. Stupid me filled my script of hydros on day 9 and took them. He didn't know that tho... So for 4 months I was saying I was totally clean but wasn't. Well guess what I'm PREGNANT!!!! So before we go see the baby dr I gotta be clean. I could explain the situation to my dr but not my man he would KILL me! So I decided to kick again and I'm a lot more confident this time knowing the stakes are higher and it's not all about me... I took 8 mg for a week then 4 mg for 4 days 2mg for 2 days then 1 mg for 2 days and jumped off! I'm know totally off 5 days :) I know I tapered quick and I was uncomfortable (tired cold sweats no appetite) then day one off I was a mess (emotional, crying, sweaty, shaky, cramps) day 2 was no better so I went to the ER. I told them the truth and I was scared to miscarry. They said the worst was over and now I have anxiety. They gave me Ativan to calm me and told me to load up on vits ( multivitamin, 400mgs of B6 (helps rebuild the lost endorphines) 1000 mg Vit C (to help immune development) 400mgs Vit D (to help depression) 300mgs Vit B12 (for energy and cell regrowth and nervous system growth) let me tell you these vitamins have worked WONDERS I also take one dose of 8 mg Imodium for tummy issues throughout the day, i take 25mg slow release iron supplement to help with blood and the cold chills cause your blood thins out while on the c**p and iron helps with that a lot, oh and I take unisome to sleep at night and I have been doing great!!! Not even touched the Ativan script they gave me! Its also important to EAT even if you snack all day, even if you really don't want too do it and drinks LOTS of water to flush the system and help the body regrow. No more withdrawals at all! I have to be up to par because one I'm pregnant and need to be healthy plus I have 4 other kids (3 boys 13,10, & 8 and a daughter who's 2) so my hands are full and my house is extremely dependent on me I'm a stay at home mom and my man works very hard to support all us! Day 3 I forced myself to get up and move. Cleaned some of the house, did some laundry and even made a light dinner. At the end of my night I was so proud of myself :) then Day 4 I moped around all morning thinking about that stupid sub daemon BUT got up cooked a big meal, cleaned some more house, scrubbed my fridge out from top to bottom, had an hour long convo with a old friend I'd cut off (cause I owes her money for pills) and even played with my kids! I woke up this morning Day 5 feeling AMAZING like I'm super mom again and can do anything! I got the kids off to school without argument and snuggled with my princess. I've noticed I'm happy again and can tolerate soooo much more then I did high. I blocked so much out and ignored things cause I was high. But already at day 5 and I'm ready to regain my life! I guess it's all about how you look at the situation. I still get cold and clammy but anytime I do I tell myself "this to will pass" and I'm always reminding myself that "you have to get through the thunderstorm to see the rainbow" and those 2 phrases have helped out so so much! The higher your spirits and more positive your thoughts are the quicker it will pass I promise! I hope some of this helped even a little and I am here of you need any advice or positivity to flow in. Also feel free to email me directly if you just want to chat because the more you talk about it the faster it goes! Good luck on your adventure and stay strong your doing this for you and to get your real life back!!!