Hi folks!

I asked about natural ways to make the eyelashes grow longer a while back, and I've since done a lot of looking around. I'm using castor oil and will be curious to see how it works out for me, but I also stumbled on mentions of people making their own DIY eyelash extensions.

I am not saying I will definitely actually try this, but my interest is piqued! I'm wondering if anyone on the boards has DIY-ed her own eyelash extensions and if you could please tell me about it if you have? Is it very hard or do you find it easy? And what do you say about the quality?

TIA

MAKING my own lash extensions? I did not know that is possible. If you know more, please share here as I am quite curious now. APPLYING them though? Yeah, that's easy. I buy my supplies off ebay and as long asyou know how much glue to apply and how to remove them, that part is not so hard. You can even shape your lashes yourself, as you need them. But how to make your own? I have no idea. With what would you do that? And perhaps more importantly why, when you can buy them all ready made?

You talking about Huda Kattan perhaps? She had a YouTube video explaining how to hack eyelash extensions, kinda, using cotton balls, and the end result looked pretty amazing I have to say. It goes something like mascara, cotton balls, and more mascara. Sounds strange but worth a look for anyone who hasn't actually seen this yet. As for other things, yeah, I don't see no way of making your own lash extensions, and yeah, why would you do that when you can buy em from China cheap? Personally I don't use them at all because the glue scares me but that is just me...

This thread title made me CURIOUS!!! so I had to Google that of course.

What came up though?

- How to make your eyelash extensions last longer
- How to apply your own eyelash extensions
- How to make your own eyelash extensions, according to someone I'd never heard of before

I clicked on the latter and it took me to another link, which I also clicked on for no particular reason. That took me to the old cotton ball trick, which yes, I had actually heard of before, though don't ask me where. My conclusion? There's nothing new under the sun. Making your own eyelash extensions is not possible. I am not going to sit at my crafting table that I normally use for scrapbooking with horse hair and glue or anything any time soon. Sorry, you stll got to go to your nearest (or best) salon.

Nope. I rarely get eyelash extensions anyway, that's a matter reserved for very special occasions. When I do get them though, it's totally a question of leave that up to the pros. That's your eyes you are talking about, and you want them to be safe in the first place, and look amazing in the second place. I am not confident in my ability to meet either of those crucial standards so I get them done as needed, by someone who has learned to do it well and safely. We're both happy that way! And for all other occasions there are amazing mascaras around.

OK, guys, thanks for your replies! I did look into the cotton ball idea and it looks promising, but I agree that those aren't really real eyelash extensions. I think I can safely banish the idea of making my own eyelash extensions from my mind now, LOL, though it seemed like something to at least start a topic about because the idea is interesting. Applying your own extensions though, well, that's something that I may try out. It doesn't sound too hard at all and could save some money.

Slight change of topic, has anyone ever tried those feathery eyelash extensions, and if so what are your experiences?