I am 28 and have had 2 cardiac ablations in the last 15 months for a rapid heart rate; the most recent was about 3 weeks ago. I am hoping to get pregnant with my first child in the next year or so. Will it be considered high risk due to my history? Are there OB/GYN's who specialize in high risk pregnancies or do they all? Do I need to look for a special doctor or do anything differently because of my past problems since we aren't sure if the last procedure fixed the problem completely and I don't want to take medication if necessary?

Just happened to see this webpage - not been in here before!

As long as you're not on medication, you should be fine, and not high risk. The ablation (if successful) will have "cured" your SVT, so heart function is no longer affected.

I've had SVT and ablations, yet have had a successful pregnancy. My heart rate is very irregular, but no longer 200+ bpm!

Good luck!

I'm in the same boat. Had an ablation last year, lasting for 4.5 hours (they had trouble finding the culprit!!). My heart rate is really irregular, and sometimes freaks me out, but I no longer have gallopping HR sessions. I too want to get pregnant, but wonder whether (a) the pregnancy, or (b) the birth itself will cause problems for me. I do NOT fancy having another ablation surgery, as it was VERY unpleasant. (Went in on both sides, the local anaesthetic wore off, and I was in AGONY!!!)
Might a C-section be an option?? (Not that they like doing them where I live). I'm 37, so it's pretty much now or never.

Are you now pregnant, "post no. 1"??

Hello, i had few tachycardias myself, going more than 230 bpm. I had an ablation 2 months ago and my doctor said it went fine i just have to be careful for a semester in case they come back. We are also want another baby so after that we will start trying. Best wishes to all..