When I was 20, my boyfriend of 3 years and I found out we were pregnant. We were certain that abortion was the right decision for us. I proceeded without any sadness or regret afterwards. Instead I felt relief, as I still do to this day. Immediately following the abortion I began taking the birth control pill and took it daily as though my life depended on it so I'd never fall into this situation until I was ready to parent a child. After my boyfriend and I broke up, I also began practicing safe sex with condoms as well. Well, here I am at 22. I dated the "father" of my latest (and 2nd) pregnancy for a short time and we broke things off just before I found out I was pregnant again. When we had sex, the condom broke, however since I took the pill everyday I figured I was safe. I was also taking antibiotics and wasn't educated about the pill enough to know that antibiotics counteract the pill. So here I was, pregnant and scared, after I thought I'd taken the right precautions. I thought (and still do) abortion is still the best option because I'm still in no place to raise a child. However, while I was sitting in the waiting room of the abortion clinic with my mom, I began to think about adoption...something I'd never be strong enough to do. [Before I continue, I'd like to suggest that I DO NOT THINK LIFE BEGINS UNTIL A FETUS DEVELOPS INTO A BABY THAT CAN SURVIVE OUTSIDE OF THE BODY]. Anyway, just a week before my appointment, I had an ultrasound done, during which I witnessed the foot move. All I could think about was the potential life of this fetus. I continued on with the abortion (yesterday at 12:30pm). Now I'm having a difficult time coping with my decision. I was hoping that someone (w/out judgement) could help me cope...This is the single most difficult decision I've ever made and probably the most difficult I'll ever make.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** 

wish you all the best, and hey, you need support for what you are going through and i don't think your mom is the right person to talk to about it since she advocated for the abortion... Where im writing from, abortion is illegal. My sister had a kid when she was in her second year of university, right now, last weekend, her child, my nice turned four considering she doesn't have a job yet, we take care of each other. Again, it is wrong, you need friends. and NEVER make an excuse that you aren't in any position to give birth, and any guy who says that he isn't ready to alter his life for you and his unborn child shouldn't have a second of your life. anyway, that's me, i advocate for life because i was about to be abartion too 26 years ago, i could have been a statistic. Now, im studying the statistics that i could have turned out to have been :)

You are very strong to have made this decision. The only way you should have a baby is if you feel you can provide a good home to the kid. Other wise it is selfish.

Im def no one to judge, ive had the procesure done also and ive already been judged for it. Its extreamly hard to deal with at times when you dont know who to trust but im sure within time you will heal and be able to move on. Its never easy but talking to a stranger can make so much of a difference! (:

Hi,, i just had a second abortion 4 days ago. And even though i think it was right choice i feel horrible. I feel i didnt fight enough for her cuz it was from an affair. I love the man to death and he was first one too. Which that in,,turn makes me more sad, cuz it was like it was ment to be. I dont blame him but its like abortion was the only thing he thought of. I didnt want him to lose what he has, house kid ect.. I know its not my place but his wife is a mean drunk and i want him to be happy, but i do hate hiding and sneakin around to see him. I have cried myself to sleep ever since it happened. I almost couldnt do it cuz i was very sad from first abortion. I,dont know how to forgive myself for it, and a big part of that is i still want kids in future with my guy. I have friends who have said its no good with him and i see their point of view but they dont know how i feel for him.. Please any advice is helpful.