has anyone had physical withdrews ?  such as digestive issues ,,, from either end ??

i feel your pain, thanks for being so honest and I can attest that all of these" helper drugs " are only prolonging the agony, we do have to figure this life out without these aids and crutches for our minds and bodies and spirits are so capable but we must rely upon sober minds and healthy mental state. I miss the highs of adderall but I am feeling happy to live back on planet earth where most of the rest of the world needs us and our present gift which is presence in the here and now. Do not run arounf searching for man made drugs to satisfy what God has already blessed you with, just look to him and find a way to make it better with time and patience and faith and work you will get it done the right way without any side effects and a brighter outlook for your future and those depending on you to lead the way.

Larry Bagby

Larry Bagby

Thank you for your thoughtful reply. Our son is beginning to do a bit better following 2 months of treatment. It has been absolute hell but he's making his way back to normal. At the moment, he says he feels depressed and does not know how he will get by without the adderall he believes still was his road to success as a college student. That said, he does recognize to a certain degree that something went wrong while on it. He is saying that he doesnt remember much which I guess goes along with psychosis. He still has a ways to go....

I take adderall for school 5 days a week. I feel better off adderall rather than on it. It doesn't really effect my mood for the most part. Some days it makes me feel antisocial and depressed, like today. If I go off it, all that changes is that I can't focus as well. I don't have any withdrawl symptoms from not taking adderall, probally because I try not to depend on it. There are a lot of positives not taking adderall for me, my mood is better and I can be more social with my friends and things like that. The only downside is you have a harder time at school, which is the only reason I'm still taking it, to do well at school. It sucks that you're having withdrawl symptoms without taking adderall. I feel for you man, just don't take more than you're supposed to, because then your addicted to adderall and then you're screwed. Well, I only wrote this because I'm in school and I'm bored as hell, so goodbye guys!!!!!!!

I'd been taking Adderall for several months years ago, before they had the XR's, and I did notice that over time I didn't gain as many focusing benefits as before, started getting headaches when i wouldn't take it, and had less patience and became agitated with others much quicker. I started taking Neuro Boost Piracetam, L-Theanine, Sulbutiamine, Aniracetam, and CDP choline to help with my focus as well as to quite using the amphetamine Adderall.

Piracetam and Aniracetam are both very similar to each other, however have very different benefits. Piracetam primarily stimulates the GABA and the Corpus Callosum whereas Aniracetam stimulated the AMPA receptors primarily. GABA and AMPA receptors are both used in memory, thought, and recall processes by the brain. The Corpus Callosum is the area of the brain that relays information between the two hemispheres.

You can find a lot of information regarding these drugs online,

***post is edited by moderator *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

esearch has a downloadable PDF where you can read about how all the various Racetams effect the brain. It seems a lot more students are starting to turn to nootropics to help focus and sharpen their mind compared to how it was when I was first going to college with everyone wanting either Vyvanse or Adderall. Cheers I hope this helps you.

I have been wondering the same thing...I wasn't sure if my extreme exhaustion when I became pregnant was due to pregnancy or withdrawal from adderall.  on the plus side if it is from the adderall its temporary, I'm starting to feel better now.

My 8 yr old son has been on 30mg adderall for 3 yrs. Took him off 3 days now.my question is how long to get off the withdrawal part.now he's been sleeping all day and very hard to keep him awake and when he is awake all he wants to do is go back to sleep.does anybody know how long to where he stays awake and wants to do things.he starts school in four days is he going to be able to stay awake in school.

Don't take this drug. It has ruined my life. Lusten to me. It's a trick the little blue pill is so inviting at first. You become super productive. You never stop going. Until one day you gasp when you look in the mirror at your gaunt face deep circles etched under your eyes. Your family and friends are gone.

My son at UCLA science major has similar issues. I am calling his doctor due to explosive rage and potentially violent outbursts if he's not placated. I'm looking into a sativa marajauna. It's much safer and not addictive. Also look into the worlds best kept secret, Rick Simpson Oil. These drugs are dangerous and school isn't as important as health and well being. I want my son health and happier, even if it means graduating with C's. He doesn't agree, we are working on it.

Take this in the spirit of which it is intended...but putting your son on sativa or indica marijuana is horrible idea. Don't believe what you are reading or what other's are telling you that it will help your son.

This is from someone who smokes pot fairly often...and yes it's addictive, for those that enjoy it or have a predisposition to being an addict. It's a good feeling that you don't want to give up. Isn't that what an addiction is?

Anyway, I'm on psyche meds as well. The main thing about pot is you have to be very stable mentally in the first place before you start smoking it. My meds, which I have been on for several years keep my head on straight and thinking stable but the pot does mess up my memory pretty bad if I do it everyday. My wife will attest to that.

Sativa allows you to be more awake and, at times, think very creatively, but it's not conducive to studying or analytical thinking which is necessary for school or work.

I am a man in my 40's working for a major corporation as a computer programmer and despite smoking pot for years and being comfortable with it's effects, there is no way I could program high.
Rage and violent outbursts is a huge problem that you need to address..if possible.
I have a 23 year old step daughter who just got out of rehab for heroin use and she is a great kid, but wouldn't and will never do as us parents ask or suggest. The old adage you can lead a horse to water but that doesn't mean it will drink. The child has to be willing to make a change or it will likely never work in the long term.
Hopefully you have more of an influence on your son, but there is only so much you can do.
It's a sad reality of life, but we've all been there when we grew up.
My advice from my own experience and observing others is find him a good psychiatrist who will keep trying to get him on the right combination of meds until he is stable mentally. Sometimes you have to try several before one clicks with your son.
I understand financial issues can deter people from getting the right help, but we are talking about a life here.
If your son is very important to you, which it seems, figure out how to make it happen.

Another problem, if he's like most kids, he will drink and/or do drugs which can likely mess up any positive benefits from medication.
It may not mean he can ever party again, to find the right meds, the person needs to be sober at least long enough until time has passed for the meds to make a difference on the brain. Psychiatrists will tell you never to drink, aside from maybe one or two drinks, when you have mental issues, but it's not a reality of our lives. Alcohol and pot are everywhere and it's tempting.

Zoloft which ended over 30 years of depression and anxiety for me took at least 3 weeks of really bad side effects to become effective, but once it did, my life changed in so many positive ways. I describe it as being reborn because that's how it felt.

My heart goes out to you. If your not, make taking care of yourself physically and mentally your first priority. That way you can be the most effective you can in bringing out change in your son. You are not a doctor. Don't be arrogant and think you can decide what treatment is best for you son. Let that belief go because it likely will make things worse.

The last thing I want to say about pot is this:

Sativa is for recreational fun, creativity and if desired, opening one's mind to spiritual pursuits. It gives you energy but not a sharp mind. Just one that is open to thinking that's not usually there available when sober. It can make a positive difference in one's life but they have to want to pursue that. Daily use reduces any postive effects overtime and can cause one to be selfish and only enjoy life when high. It's the strain that's most likely to cause paranoia which is a huge deterent for most people. It's a really bad feeling.

Indica, is for those who can't sleep, although the level of sleep isn't optimal for the body and mind. It helps to knock you out.
The most useful aspect of indica marijuana is hand's down, pain relief. It is better than opiates like oxycodone or vicodin, which almost always lead to addiction and for those that can't get any pain relief from over the counter, but the drawback is it can make thinking dull. The typical stoner who sits around on the couch watching tv or playing video games for hours is smoking indica.
I'd suggest people stay away from it unless they have cancer.

Good luck and god bless.

I promise this drug is the devil...stay away! Its not a medication that we NEED. For those taking it for school purposes I promise u can pass without it. You are physiologically fooling yourself to thinking u cant. I have struggled with learning disabilities my entire life. Mainly trouble concentrating, focus, and grasping concepts without numerous tries. I was diagnosed with ADD and put on adderall. Of course I felt differently in the beginning , but it changed me. I became almost compulsive, super dramatic, couldn't sleep, and very annoyed when coming down. I don't even know how some people were on such high doses I was on 20 mg at the most and could feel my heart in my throat. This drug is serious and causes serious side effects both mentally, and physically. Until my brother committed suicide from his continuous thoughts of death after taking adderall I decided to take myself off. I was in college at the time and really struggled to pass my classes. Never being really the school type I didn't think I could do it. But I did it was a struggle and many times just barely passed my classes but I managed. Its going to take more time and commitment, bur u can do it. If I can anyone can. Don't let yourself be defeated by this substance. You are in control of your mind not a drug stay strong and use your own judgement. Doctors dont always knew whats best we knew whats good for our bodies Moore than anyone. Everyone's circumstances are different but please be safe and smart. We only have one life one body. Treat it right and live it right. A lot if things are mental i know it sounds cheesy but meditation, exercise, therapy these things help so much more than any medication can ever.

I am not a member on here, but have read every post on this discussion, and came across yours and thought I might be able to give you some information that might help your young daughter. I, also am a Dad of a beautiful little blonde haired, blue eyed boy who is a few months shy of 4. A little background on me. I am by no means a medical doctor or in the health field what so ever. I will explain what and why I want to share this with you in just a minute. I am a 28 yr old Father, as stated. I will not lie, or act like I am a know it all. Ok, honestly, I am an addict, but recovering addict. Once an addict, always an addict, you just don't "have to be practicing", as they say lol. Which is completely true. To the point. I became an addict at 14, when I decided to experiment with some Percocet in my parents medicine cabinet. I was raised in a strict household, but well brought up I must say. Over the years I began trying EVERYTHING, and with my addictive personality, I LOVED it all. I was an absolute junkie, but I was a smart junkie, if that makes any sense. I researched everything before I took it, and I mean researched almost anything you can think of pharmaceutical wise. If I put as much effort into school as I did mastering the art of manipulation, and researching drugs, what I could and couldn't take together, finding them, etc,etc,etc.,, I could have had a Doctorate's Degree in Pharmacology, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacokinetics, Pharmacogenomics, Addictionology, Nutritional Doctorate, etc. That is no exaggeration, and one that is not named, which I know a LOT about too is Homeopathic Medicine. As me being a father, and knowing what prescription pills can do to you, even by just taking one, which was it, and it snowballed into Everest within 12 years, I am scared to death about my son having my addiction genome passed down. If he does have it, god forbid, it will be the 4th generation of men in my family to have it. Fingers crossed it skips a few generations or over with. I apologize, I digress. I know this post was over a year ago, so I hope both of you, (the parents) and most importantly, your daughter, have found the right treatment, or hopefully not even need any treatment anymore. Ill make this as short as possible, because I want to help if you haven't been helped already. I have taken Adderall for a total of three years. One and a half in high school, the other currently at a yr and a half. Both experiences are very different. HS Adderall helped me focus and take senior year seriously and graduate, and for that I am truly thankful, but the side effects were horrible. Weight loss, insomnia, zombie like state, wanting to break down and cry, extreme paranoia, depression, irritable, ANGRY and AGGRESSIVE. These things were not me. Nothing had been the same since 14, but the Adderall just blew it up beyond comprehension. So I stopped cold turkey a week before graduation. Nothing noticeable then, but now that I know what withdrawal symptoms feel like, I had them but for 4 days max and was back to normal. ** So that's one thing I wouldn't worry about with your daughter. She will go back to herself. Young people, from 4-15 yrs of age have much more amazing rebound capabilities than older people as in teens 16- to young adults at 25 possibly to 30. Hopefully in my case. HS was the brand name Adderall manufactured by Shire Pharmaceuticals. Which to me, was ten fold worse side effects than the generic I take now. Luckily, but unluckily, I was cut off at 26 of parents insurance, which left me with paying out of pocket, but also gave me the generic which was much more mild Addy. form IR tablet manufactured by Teva/Barr pharmaceuticals, but still the same focus and minus the side effects, besides occasional irritation. Healthy diet, regular sleep( at least 6-8 hours) and eating patterns (3 meals a day around the same time everyday-HEALTHY foods, and keeping ones body pH level balanced, also known as alkalizing, and making sure all daily vitamins the body needs are ingested properly, are ALL essential to keep someone who has to take medicine, stable. Ok now to your other stuff and wrapping my novel up. Again, please don't quote me on stuff I say, I read a lot and educate myself as I have said, so some stuff may not be dead on. Do not take my advice over your pediatrician's or psych's advice. Hope you wouldn't anyways, I am just trying to give a point of view from someone who has been to hell on earth and back, and taken most of the stuff legally prescribed, some on the street, and thank the lord, for he is good to all, that I survived. ** I do KNOW this much, a 45 lb. , 9 year old girl , should not be on 40 mgs of Adderall Daily. Especially if its 1 - 30 mg XR capsule in morning and a 10 mg tablet/capsule in early afternoon, *** and if its BRAND NAME*** or whatever her regimen is. On the other hand, everybody's Physiology and Biochemistry are different. I suspect at 45lbs and 9 yrs old, she has a high rate of metabolism, as do I. But after learning all this stuff over the years, I can now take what helps, strictly as prescribed, and live a healthy and productive lifestyle, for me and most importantly my son. **Few more things, There are Homeopathic medicines, i.e. (herbs, vitamins, plants-in edible form I should add), that do help ADHD. There are way better drugs on the market now without the side effects of all that speed c**p, or other alternative RX routes. For example: Supplements( Valerian root, St. John's wort, Melatonin-all small doses ), Other Meds that have been approved by the FDA for treating high blood pressure, are now approved for use in children: 6-17 yrs of age for ADHD. ( Clonidine, and a few more. 
I sincerely hope you get the right treatment for your child. Keep your heads up, have faith, and everything will work out for you and your family. Oh, you haven't ruined your child's psyche!! If I can go back to the normal me after that long of daily and multiplicities of drugs used, you shouldn't worry yourself to death. I know parents' always will, but you don't have too. A fairly new and Good drug , that's ingenious formula was ironically bought by Shire, Adderall's original mfg. co., but developed by another company, was developed to be just like Adderall, but a slower, smoother come up- and come down, longer-acting, which means less pills and without all the negative side effects. That was the main reason for development, other than changing the molecules, where it has to be ingested orally to work, So no abuse. Its expensive but worth it. It is called Vyvanse, which you might know about. (Lisdexamfetamine) - its a Pro Drug, basically you cant abuse it other than eating a lot more than your supposed too. No crushing or snorting. Unless your a Biomolecular chemist who knows the extremely complex system of extracting the dex-amphet. Ill just tell you how it works and that's the last thing. After you orally ingest it, it takes about 45-60 minutes or longer to set in and work because they added the L-Lysine molecule to the capsule. So when it is digested, the enzymes break down the lysine into the amino acid which is d-amphetamine. so that's how that all works. Hope ive helped you somehow and your daughter gets something better than Adderall. BC it can be dangerous if not taken right and taken while doing the regular eating, sleeping, exercise, vitamins, etc. Have a blessed day.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Do you know if that is safe for 8 year olds? My son has only been on adderall for almost a week. The first 2 day he did great, but stayed up all night. I adjusted a bit to one 20mg tablet in the morning. He did wonderful at that for 2 days. No sleep issues. I did notice that he got really cranky when it was close to bed time. Today I got a call from the school saying that he has been very angry and aggressive. It had only been 2 1/2 hours since he took his medicine. I am just extremely worried. Stimulant medications really scare me, but he definitely has adhd. We had problems for years before they would diagnose him. I am so stressed, I don't know what to do.

What supplements will help with adderall tolerance?