I need some advice!  I keep having late night rising bg levels and I don't know what to do about them!  It is weird because they just started not too long ago. They run about 130 to 199 but never to 200, thank goodness, but they are too high for that time of day.  I need to get them to come down but I don't know how. 

I don't thin I am doing anything different.  I eat eggs, toast, and bacon in the morning, fruit for snacks, sandwich and salad for lunch, and meat, 2 carb units, and veggies at dinner.Not sure why the blood sugars ware going high all of a sudden. 

I have some problems with my breathing lately and have to take meds to breath easier.  I haven't been eating as much as the result of it.  I have been sleeping a bit more than usual since my get up and go has got up and went a week ago. 

I hope someone has answers to my questions that will help me out.  I don't like being down and out. 

Are you taking steroid type of medication by any chance?  Steroids such as prednisone will cause blood sugars to go sky high in diabetic patients.  You will want to check and see if this is the case.  You should not cut out any carbohydrates in the meantime because you need them.  You should try to eat even if it is mini meals.  At least you are getting your carbohydrates in.  I think once your breathing issues are resolved, you will be able to see a difference in the blood sugar readings.  You should avoid refined carbohydrates in the meantime so you are able to control your blood glucose better this way.  I hope you recover very soon with your breathing problems as well as your blood sugars!

blood sugar spikes can make you feel tired, so that may be why you have been more sleepy recently. The spikes may be due to eating too much carbohydrates during your evening meal. Perhaps try to increase the protein and veg part of your meal and see if that makes any difference to these surges. You may need to alter your medication regime to account for the high blood sugar levels, it would be best for you to get some professional advice from your doctor regarding this. You dont mention if you have recently started exercising in the evening, but this could also cause glucose levels to go up and this effect can be seen for several hours following exercise.