I had a bunionectomy last 1 week ago. The pain wasn't bad at all, no where near what I had feared. But in addition to going stir crazy by being bedridden, I am having a difficult time w/the pin in my foot. My foot or toe really doesn't hurt that bad when I walk, but the pin hurts. Some days if I am on my foot too long the pin feels like it's poking me and may be dislodged. I am very frustrated & confused because I thought I would be able to walk better by now and be able to return to work in a few days but the pin makes it very uncomfortable to hobble around. Has anyone else experienced this, and if so, any suggestions on what to do to make it less irritating and when I maybe able to walk instead of hobble?

Hope ya didnt bend that pin....what happened.My doc told me not to walk on that foot at all untill the pin was removed!