Okay, so what happend is one day a guy made me very drunk and attempted to have sex with me. He put a little in for a second and I pushed him off because that's not what I wanted. He has attempted to have sex with me since and claimed he took my virginity so I should just go for it. I checked and not sure if I have my hymen because I've been fingered. I still have white lining though. Im not sure what to think, I felt no pain, no blood, and when I put my finger although it isnt too painful, I feel quite the pressure. (I have small fingers). All my friends tell me he did not penetrate me and he just poked me, not even all the way. Im stressing beacuse I feel like I don't know what sex is but what to still say Im a virgin. Everyone I have asked who has sex tells me I will know when Im not. Please help! I also never bleed so mabye I don't even have a hymen? I dont know. But my vagina has gotten use to a finger.

Hi Nicole,

If there was any penetration, no matter how slight, you're technically not a virgin.  To lose your virginity on requires penis into vagina, any little bit.

But, since this was against your wishes I would say that you should consider yourself a virgin, penetration or not.

You don't have to break your hymen to lose your virginity, or bleed.

Hope it helps. 

I think thats dumb. I did quite the bit of research and to be a virgin means to have had sex. Sex is not poking one with a penis, so my friends call it. I do not feel as if I gave him myself and if he is still trying, neither does he. I don't know if you have had sex but from what my friends say, I would know. SO if a dildo is in you, your not a virgin? Or a finger?Or anal? There are many interpertations to such a broad topic. My bottom line, I have come to is this, when I have sex, there will be emotional attatchment, an experience of giving up myself, and pain and blood. This is my conclusion of my research for the day.

Well Nicole, sorry you think it's dumb. Try reading it again.

I didn't say poke, I said penetrate, nor did I say by using a dildo, or a finger, or anal that you'd lose your virginity. You don't lose your virginity that way. The definition is penetration, by a penis of your vagina.

Look these terms up:

Virginity - never having sexual intercourse. Intercourse - insertion of a males penis into a vagina.

"He put a little in for a second" your words, says you lost your virginity to him.

If you did so much "research" then why post your question in the first place.

Sorry you didn't get the answer you wanted.

Hi Nicole, 

I think I know what your friends and you think when you make a difference between "just poking" and penetration, or full intercourse (maybe easier for me, because I'm female, too). In your case it sounds to me like you not only do still have hymen, but that's precisely the reason only poking happened - hymen stopped penetration and you then pushed him off.
So, yes, you are still virgin because this forced attempt can't count as intercourse... I mean, really, intercourse is not just "penis entered vagina"... sorry Dan, but this sounds like if you said that eating is "having food inside your mouth". Official definition or not, it just doesn't make sense for real life.
But Dan is right in one point, bleeding is not always present, pain and some level of discomfort are, but I too agree with you, also, there is an emotional change you feel.

take care, 
Nicole

Yeah, I have asked many many people both girls and boys and not one considers that a loss of virginity. I did not want for this to happen, my hymen is intact, I have no emotional need from him, and I do not feel as though I have myself up to him. My guy friend said this is not even a finger and no one recieves pleasure,ect.  Many say virginity is a mindset. I like your metahor. Its like saying your have traveled to amsterdam even though your just flew through it in a plane. You have not traveled, experienced it, and felt like you have been there. Its different if you stay a few nights and travel the city. I speak spanish,,,lol hola, there spanish, only word I know but I know spanish. lol, another sillky metaphor. I think if your a guy and believe thats what it means to take a girl's virginity, you obviously ain't getting any or have ever had sex.

sowi boo u no virgin