Hi. I`m 24 yo, 4 months pregnant. Two days ago I had some strange bleeding, but my doctor has told me that it is very common during pregnancy. Anyway, sometimes I have this cramping and fear that I`m having a miscarriage. Am I? Does anybody know the symptoms of a miscarriage? I`m under a great stress and think that could be the cause of my possible miscarriage.

Hi. A vaginal bleeding is the most common symptom, but it doesn`t have to mean that you are having a miscarriage. If the bleeding is light and only lasts for a short time, it`s all normal. But when prolonged or heavy (like a period), that is more likely to lead to miscarriage. Cramping could be the sign of a miscarriage. At some women, the usual symptoms of pregnancy stop unexpectedly. Having a miscarriage doesn`t mean that you won't be able to have kids. A miscarriage cannot be caused by stress.