My girlfriend has been running lately and after she does it she feels as if she has twisted her ankle and has bruising on the outside of her ankle, what is it that she is doing? She warms up well.

I'm not a medical person, but my first thought is of a stress fracture.

Is it on both feet or just one? The thought there is maybe the shoes could be causing issues.

Now if it was inside of the ankle, I'd ask if she was clipping her ankle with her other foot.

What about form? Does she carry her feet in an odd manner?

Come on. Somebody else must have a thought on this.

She does have odd arches in her feet, she has to put special insoles in her shoes when she walks (doesn't use them when she runs because she says they'd hurt) so maybe that's it and yeah... she could use some new trainers but i don't think that's the issue. just one ankle, her left.

Does she know they'd hurt, or does she just think they would?
I'm no shoe expert, but if it does have to do with the archs and the shoes, she might want to buy her next pair from a running speciality store where she can talk through her problem with one of the employees and get a good recommendation for a shoe (with potentially a better return policy)