Can you explain to me how appetite suppressant pills work? My aunt is the only person that I know of who lost pounds with appetite suppressant pills but hers were prescribed by a doctor. Before that she used so many other o-t-c diet pills and in the end she always ended up with more weight than she started with. What makes the prescription pills better?

I suppose that different diet pills address different things in the organism. While you never can tell what there is in a o-t-c diet pill, prescription pills are actually very similar to amphetamine drugs and may even be dangerous. They address neurotransmitters in the brain, raising their levels, influencing the central nervous system, leaving a person without a desire to eat ie reduce their appetite. With these pills, balanced diet and exercise a person may lose weight. However, these pills are not supposed to be taken for longer than three months because they may cause cardiovascular problems.

Are appetite suppressants safe? Apparently there is a new appetite suppressant on the market called Proactol. It's supposed to be the first clinically tested pill on the market. Anyone tried it? Is it reliable? I've found the info on:

*****

Thanks for helping!

**edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use