Hi

I found this website by accident. I am 23 yrs old and since the 6th grade I have had a really dry itchy scalp from the research that I have done is it not dandruff it is just a dry scalp. I have used numerous shampoos until I finally go Head and Shoulders the Shampoo/Conditioner combo for a dry scalp and my dry scalp went away. BUT......recently I noticed that my hair gets really dry when using this shampoo so I decided to try out The Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo and everything was fine until I bought the conditioner and my dry scalp was back.I don't want to use Head and Shoulders since it leaves my hair really dry so what I am on here for is some advice on which shampoos anyone can recommend.

I have tried Dove, Herbal Essence, Garnier, and my most recent one has been an Organic Tea Tree Oil Shampoo as well as the conditioner ]. From the looks of it, it doesn't seem to be working very well :( Since using the new shampoo (Tea Tree Oil) I have noticed that when I get out the shower I have pinkish reddish patches on my scalp I am not sure what that means.

I am going crazy with trying to fix this problem and I feel as if I am wasting money, I used a Tea Tree Oil Shampoo because I read some research saying it is suppose to work. I have even read articles on hair masks for dry hair. Basically if I stop using the Head and Shoulders Shampoo my dry scalp goes away BUT I get dry hair AND if I try to use another type of shampoo my dry scalp comes back.....Someone please help me I would like a Shampoo that can treat both a dry scalp and dry hair.....I was even thinking maybe I can use my Head and Shoulders Shampoo again until my dry scalp goes away and then incorporate the tea tree oil shampoo so use both that way my dry scalp and dry hair can get treated....does anyone know if this would work? Thank for the advice if anyone replies! I really appreciated it.

Sincerely,

Dry Scalp Madness

P.S Does anyone know where the link is to post forums up? I was a little confuse as to where it was at >_<

if its a problem, im pretty sure its a condition, you should see your doctor about it and use head and shoulders.

Hi. I have the same problem. Regular shampoos seem to only add to the problem so, I've used Sulfur8 medicated shampoo. I kind of hate how my hair feels after I use it and the "medicine" smell that it has but overall it works. The one I use now by Neutrogena is called Daily Control 2in1 from the makers of T/Gel (T/Gel's shampoo & conditioner work great as well except the shampoo smells like motor oil). But Daily Control 2in1 is a shampoo & conditioner in 1 that's fast acting, has vitamin E, fresh scent and is safe on color treated hair. You can purchase it from Walgreens. I hope it helps! :)

You can read this article https://www.steadyhealth.com/articles/natural-remedies-jojoba-oil

Hope it help you