Hi, can I get your opinion on the best diet salads please? I don't have a lot of weight to lose, four kilos perhaps, according to my estimate, though I am not sure exactly. Still, I will know when the fat is gone. Back to salads, any way. What are the best diet salads that still taste nice, and are quick and easy to throw together? I am looking forward to some great recipes!

What I often do is just put some lettuce, cut up carrots, onions, tomatoes, cucumber, a boiled egg or two, and just dilute mustard with a bit of vingar and add a dash of olive oil if you wish. Some herbs and fresh basil, and there you are! If you are eating on the go, it's great to wrap the whole thing in a tortilla!

Some vegetables which should be avoided in salads are Corn, artichoke hearts, beets, and sun-dried tomatoes which are popular salad bar staples, but their high sugar and starch content means calories add up quickly without providing much of a nutritional benefit. For instance, sun-dried tomatoes have 139 calories per cup and beets weigh in at 58 for the same portion—compared with the 31 calories found in 1 cup of raw broccoli.