Hi there everyone, My Bipolar Girlfriend and I went on holiday and I met her family. We had a good time but we visited friends one day and when we drove home she got annoyed and when we reached her parents home just Quit on us. She told me she needed Time Out. I literally had to pack my bags and leave right away. Om my way back home she still sms'd me and I wished her a Happy New Year and she replied that she also wished me a Happy New year and that I make a lot of new friends. I never replied to this sms seeing that I was chased away. It is now 9 days and I haven't heard from her. A mutual friend told me that she said she was single and she could hear that her heart was aching. Why doesn't she contact me? What should I do?

Hey, personally if I were you I'd send her a text/email/letter or something and tell her your feelings. Let her know you'll give her some room to breathe if thats what she needs and that you'll support her if she wants. The real question is are you better off without her? Before you do anything you need to decide if you really love her or if you were happy in a relationship with her. You may find that you are both better as friends in the end.

It'll be more of the same for the rest of your life if you choose to continue dating and get serious. Still, it doesn't need to be bleak. Every relationship has challenges to negotiate so that everyone's security and dignity is protected, i.e. the integrity of it is preserved. She needs to muster her courage and face her impairment and behavior with full honesty, then acknowledge her need to communicate what she's feeling in a timely and clear way with the person/people who love her. We all learn this as we go, so If her family of origin hasn't taught her how to do this, you're definitely one who can do it, bud. If you love her, you will and, despite the ups and downs, will not regret it. If you don't love her, stay friends or move on amicably. Gently and tenderly, but with no guilt; no fear; no shame. Truth always wins; obligation kills. It just is what it is, man - no one's to blame (even you if you choose to not continue along this path with her).