Back in July '09 I developed what I believed to be a bite (possibly spider bite) on my chin. It was horribly itchy and a red lump developed that covered about the area of a nickel and felt about as thick as an almond. I let it slide for almost 2 weeks thinking it was just a bite. A second lump developed on my neck so I finally saw a Dr. She thought it likely to be a staph infection and RX'd some Mupirocin ointment. Used it and immediately the lumps multiplied, leaving me with large boils (between the size of a nickel and dime) all of which itched tremendously and were EXTREMELY painful when touched. After about a week I saw the Dr. again and was given some oral antibiotics and a skin culture was taken. Took the antibiotics for 10 days with no improvement and the culture came back negative for growth. (So no staph apparently) I was then told I had something called Foliculitis and given another antibiotic for 20 days, during which time I saw minimal improvement, most of which I feel was due to the hot/cold compresses I was doing. Fast forward about 6 months and here I am with dark pink marks STILL where these boils were and in a straight line pattern across my cheek where I had some pimple-like breakouts that leaked and itchy clearish/yellow fluid and have never gone away (well not for about 3 months). Now I am having itching on my scalp, some of the itch sites have small red bumps that look like flea bites, but there is also itching in plain areas where there is no signs of irritation on the surface. The pink marks on my neck and cheek itch as well. This has been going on for 6 months now and is driving me insane. I can't help but think it isn't staph due to the antibiotic treatment and length of infection. Has anyone experienced these types of symptoms for this length of time before? If so was there a proper diagnosis and/or effective treatment? I've done a lot more than mentioned but the post was already pretty hefty so I spared some finer details.

Have you find a remedy for this or is it fixed now? Because i have been going through the same for about 4 months now. Please reply back with you updates