To ANYONE who can offer advice. I sustained a pretty severe LisFranc fracture on December 01 2008 at work. Was taken to company doctor clinic ( Concentra) right from work. There doctor kept trying to tell me it was a ankle sprain for 2 weeks. When it wasn't getting better I went to Specialist , did a weight bearing X-Ray and BAm, I got a LisFrnc fracture. My doctor said he would usually do surgery right away especially with the severity of this specific fracture/dislocation. Because it was about 3 weeks from the accident I decided to go conservative and the doc said that at this point it could go either way with or without the surgery. Now it's August and I'm walking about 4 hours a day with orthodics. I wake up with pain, stiffness, and cann only walk about 4-6 hours before I have to stop what I'm doing and get off my feet. Now the Doc says it's calcifying pretty good and that I should try and go without the surgery as long as I can because I can always get it. (I'm 26) He say give it time and that even with the surgery it might not make ANY difference at all. It could make it better or worse. I'm a union pipecoverer but my doctor says I probaly won't be able to work 8 hours a day again or even work as a pipecoverer( Insulator) again. I work industrial Power Plants, Oil refineries etc. I have a lawyer and he acts like this isn't that big of case. I need to know if anyone has suffered a LisFranc fracture at work, and has gone through Workmans comp start to finish. I'm scared to death because if I cant work as a insulator again how does workcomp compensate me??? Is this as big of a case as I think>????? Its a long injury to recover from and does anyone have any tips or advice on how to deal with workcomp on something like this?? I know my questions and thought aren't that clear but I'm having a hard time thinking clearly with all of this.

Hi there, I know that lisfranc surgery does take awhile to recover from, usually on the order of two months or so, sometimes longer, sometimes shorter, but I don't think it's something you should neglect. I think you should probably consider going ahead with it. I'm not sure about not being able to work again though. I know you could probably end up going on disability because of this though. Can you contact your state organization about disability compensation?

I fell off a roof and sustained a lisfrank fracture with one broke bone, which needed two screws. this was in November of 2015, I still struggle to work, have pain all day,and keeps me up at night . I wake up and can barely walk.

I am 49 and also considering filing for disability, but not sure of chances. if you are 26 you have a long road ahead, good luck.