I think I may be pregnant, and my parents would rip me apart  if I was pregnant. Me and my boyfriend just broke up and I am in no position to take care of a child. Can I get an abortion at 14 in New Mexico, without my parents finding out? I want to finish school, and I've never wanted a child anyways. Please please please help.

Well make sure that you are pregnant first so take a test in four weeks to see is you are, then you can have an abortion up to 12 weeks of tge pregnancy no matter your age, the clinics are confidential so your parents will never have to know but take someone to go with you as abortion is mentally difficult for anyone especially at a young age. Hope this helped?

Hi Emmie, I would encourage you to talk to your parents about this. I understand the fear of telling your parents those kinds of secrets. I became sexually active when I was your age, and I became pregnant when I was 16. I had the baby and he is now almost 5 and the joy of my life. While I agree that you are young to have a child, and an abortion may be the decision you make, but it always helps to have someone there for moral and emotional support through a decision like this. If you are pregnant, have you considered putting the baby up for adoption, as there are many couples who are unable to have children that would love to have a baby. But, I agree that you need to take a test in a couple of weeks and I encourage you to talk to your parents about it. It isn't just unplanned pregnancy that can result in being sexually active with multiple partners. Protect yourself and know that you deserve a long care free life where these decisions come much much later. I hope this helps. -Hannah