Hi, I am a twenty three years old man. My problem is that I am very unhappy with the way I look. You could say that I have a few extra pounds. I have tried out some exercises, but they do not "work". I just can't seem to gain any muscle! Heeelp!

Hi, if you want to gain muscles, you really need to exercise. You can not just give it a try. Gaining muscles is a procedure. It takes some time before you can see some results. This is especially true if you were physically inactive for some time. The rule of muscling up is to lift heavy weights. It must be done in short reps for at least seven series for each muscle you want to gain. The best way for you to do that is to talk to a professional trainer so that he can make you a workout program. Of course, you can even workout at home. You can use dumb bells and jumping rope but the thing is that you must be persistent.

tried?

20 repititions " why arent they getting bigger?" :-P

you realy need to stick it for 4 weeks, take a photo of before, and compare it with after, u will see the differance and it will give you more motivation, i think you lack the motivation

Try team workouts, like football, rugby, hockey, tennis, squash, anything where you are moving around, you should loose your "extra pounds" and get you fitter. Also you should enjoy it.