Hi, Im 14 and have been switching my life habits around the past month and a half. I decided to lose weight like the first week of January. I weighed around 170 pounds. Now i weigh around 155. I've been cutting way back on junk food and soda etc. I run about 3 miles a day and do 200 crunches and very light weight lifting. Do you think I can tone my body and weigh around 130-140 in 6 months?

The reason I am posting this is because my weight loss had stopped for about a week, and i think its because i wasnt eating enough, so now I have around 1500 calories a day.

If you have any tips feel free to comment, do you think my plan will work or do I need to adjust it.

Thanks :-D

I think that if you can manage to not fall off of the wagon and stick to this lifestyle then cutting down to 135 pounds would mean you are losing 1.2 pounds per week. This is absolutely doable, but you may plateau at some point. At this point you will see dramatically lower amounts of weight being lost. Don't let this discourage you.

Also you can look forward to getting a little taller at this age so some of your weight can be redistributed making this goal a little easier.

What is your current B.M.I?

What would your B.M.I be after you lose this weight?

Also, I just want to add that you shouldn't make drastic cuts in calories (less than 1300 or so) because at your age your body needs nutrition in order to grow and develop.

does this plateu mean that im doing something wrong?

Nope it is just how the human body works and is perfectly normal.

so do you think that eating around 1900 calories is too much or too little. I eat around 1750-1900 calories a day but after i subtract the amount i burn working out its around 1350-1450 a day. With the crunches etc. do you think this goal is achievable eating that amount of calories and running 3 miles a day?

Keep at it and it will work. Occasionally there are weeks with not much change, but then it will go again!