hi ive had liposuction on my tummy on 12/06/08 every so often my stomach goes hard and is swollen. is that normal if so when does that stop. can you help.

After liposuction some swelling and hardness of skin will be there its totally normal . it will improve with time and your skin will become as soft as it was before surgery. more information here***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

I think that this is absolutely normal. My sister had the same problem after she has done liposuction. Just to enhance I am not totally agreed that woman should do this type of procedure because there are better ways to get rid of the excessive fat around your belly but she was really depressed after her second child so this was one of the ways to get back on the right track.

She had the same issue and she was applying the bandages to keep the pressure on the tummy and to prevent the bleeding and she was instructed to do this by her doctor. If you feel any additional discomforts contact your doctor immediately. After all you did pay for this procedure and you have right to ask what is going on.