It sounds like some of you have arrhythmia (irregular fast heart beat with symptoms such as difficult in breathing, dizziness and syncope). The most common type of arrhythmia is atrial fibrillation (AF) (fast and irregular heart beat of the upper chamber of your heart). Among people who has AF, some of them may have AF periodically (paroxysmal AF) while others will have it constantly (persistent AF).

The only way to find out whether you have AF or other kind of arrhythmia is by looking at ECG. Since most of you have periodic arrhythmia, the best way to diagnose the problem is to wear a Holter monitor for a few days to diagnose the disease.

Depending on the type of arrhythmia you have, doctors will give you different treatments. AF doesn't pose immediate danger while others (such as ventricular tachycardia) do. Nonetheless, people who have infrequent AF will develop into persistent AF. Also, people who has AF has an increase rate of stroke and heart failure. Over the long run, people who has AF has an increased risk of mortality than those who do not.

I recommend you to see a cardiologists to find out the type of arrhythmia you have. There are drugs that can prevent arrhythmia from recurrences.

I get exactly the same, i dread going up stairs coz i feel like ill faint if i do, sometimes even if i talk to fast or for long i get really out of breath at the end of it, really don't know what it could be but again im an 18 year old so maybe its something comon in young people. Really scares me sometimes though like rushing for a train and seriously being paronoid that i may die after it! I dont have a cold or anything just really tight chest pains shortness of breath and if i do anything slightly active feel dizzy x

I had very similair symptoms for my is was hyperthyroidism, if you can you should ask your doctor to check your TSH, T3, and T4 levels.

Hope this helps and I hope you feel better soon!!

All of these horrible symptoms are things that I have had problems with myself (even went to the ER, twice). I am on a medication for acid reflux and a mild anti anxiety pill. I have studied up on this inexaustibly and the best conclusion I can come up with is a combination of hormones and anxiety, and the anxiety attacks (dizzyness, chest pains, headaches, nasea, black outs) can be brought on by any number of things, mine were brought on by severe acid reflux and fear of having a heart attack/chest pains. I cut out soda pop completely, peppers, onions and things that bothered my acid reflux, went on a mild anti anxiety pill and cut out as much stress from my life as possible, it has helped quite a bit, I'm not going to say I don't relapse, but I don't live in fear of my attacks anymore. For people commenting on here that have not seen a Doctor, please do so, because you never know, they could be symptoms of a more serious condition than anxiety or hormone issues.

Hey so i have been having most of these things and i went through all of these tests and what not. All of the doctors were like well mostly you are normal or "you are normal in my area, sorry i cant help you" but i went to a Pediactric Cardiologist and they brought up a disease called "P.O.T.S", so i looked it up and it doesnt solve my problem but i believe the symptoms sound exactly like yours. I hope i could help :-)

I'm 13 and have the same symptoms and i have PVC s, otherwise know as, premature ventricle contractions. My cardiologist has done many EKG s, I've had a halter monitor three times and two ultra-sounds over the past three years. My mom had, had the same symptoms when she was about 20. It had got to where she had a lot of trouble breathing but now she's on medication for it. My doctor found my arrhythmia when i was only 10 and in 5th grade. I had been getting a sports physical so i could be in youth cheer leading. Just last October my cardiologist was afraid i might be at risk of heart failure since my heart was working harder by producing more beats than necessary. If you're having the problems you explained, bring up PVC s to your doctor.

Ok i am having the same symptoms, but i also have a bigger problem i am in the military. I am in excellent shape and i am not depressed.
i wake up at 4:30 every morning and run for about 1hour maybe 2 depending on the day and these symptoms seem to be progressing.
i have been to medical and they have taken blood, x-rays of my heart and they say that i am healthy. I do not have any of these symptoms when i am doing something crazy, they are only when i am doing something stupid like standing in a formation or as of recently i will just be walking somewhere and feel like i am having a heart attack and can't breath and feel like i am about to pass out.
i thought that it might be caused because i was not drinking enough water and was simply dehydrated. That is not the case and i have been reading all of these post and i can not differentiate between which one of these i might have, am i having panic attacks(then why don't i have them when i doing something that might be more panic worthy. I have no idea why my body would start to panic while i am standing or walking around. The only time I panic is when my heart starts to go crazy because i know shortly after that i am going to have to fight myself to stay standing.I have never passed out before and i want to keep it that way.

If anyone could help me out i would be extremely grateful.

I'm a 14 year old female and have been having the same problems. I went to the doctors and was told I had a minor heart murmur. I had chest xrays and scans and it is told I do not infact have that. However I do suffer from anemia and that was part of my problem. However, I have been on Iron tablets and it did stop for a while. But they are infact back once more.
All I can suggest is get tested for anemia, as this could be the cause.
I suffer from:
'black outs' ( I cannot see for a few seconds, I go dizzy and although I can hear/talk/move, it is limited. I do however have to hold onto something to stop myself from falling)
Chest pains ( Irregular pains in both sides of my chest, usually my right)
Dizzy spells ( I will be walking or whatever and have to grab something so not to fall, my vision goes mildy blurry)
A pressure in my head (usually occurs before the black out. so I tend to know when I am going to black out)
And many more.

I hope I have helped in someway, or someone can relate to me and find a way of sorting this out.
Francesca.

I'm 39 years old and live with the same symptoms since I was 9 years old. Been to all kinds of specialists and the results are the same all the time (Nothing is wrong or misdiagnosed) Can't get a correct answer from any of these doctors!!!! Tired and out of money to continue trying to find the answer. My body is very worn down.

i am female 27 yrs old i have chest pains,exhaustion,shortness of breath. i talked to my aunt with simular problems and she had a hole in her heart. this is what i found on the internet A hole in the heart is a type of simple congenital heart defect – a problem with the heart's structure that is present at birth. Congenital heart defects change the normal flow of blood through the heart.

A hole in the septum can allow blood to pass from the left side of the heart to the right side. This means that oxygen-rich blood can mix with oxygen-poor blood, causing the oxygen-rich blood to be pumped to the lungs a second time.
Atrial septal defect

A heart murmur (an extra flow sound associated with the heartbeat) is the most common sign of an atrial septal defect (ASD). Often, it's the only sign. However, not all murmurs are a sign of a congenital heart defect. Many healthy children have heart murmurs, which are innocent, normal sounds of blood flow through the heart. A doctor can tell by listening whether a murmur is a normal flow sound or a sign of a heart problem. Many babies born with ASDs have no signs or symptoms.

If a large ASD isn't repaired, the extra blood flow to the right side of the heart can eventually damage the heart and lungs, causing heart failure. This doesn't occur until adulthood. Signs and symptoms of heart failure can include:
Fatigue or tiring easily during exercise or activity
Shortness of breath. a doctor can only find it if they do an ultrasound is what i was told and it is more commom in women.

I'm 30 years old femal. I have been having chest pain and dizzy more than two months. I went to see a doctor and he told me that I might have a lot of stress and my dizziness becuase I don't have enough water. Also I went to do chest X tray and they told me that I don't have anything wrong. However I still have my chest pain and dizzy.

hey my girlfreind is having those exact same problems and i thought it was anemea but i dont know now
can u email me if like your doctor finds out what exactly it is becuase i am scared for my girlfreind
my email is ***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I'm a fourteen year old girl and I get almost the same things. When I stand up really quick, do a conciderate amount of physical activity, or just doing nothing my heart starts pounding against my chest. My chest tightens and I feel dizzy, tired, and hot and sometimes feel as though I would pass out. When this happens I can't talk and I feel almost numb. It hurts left when I take quick short breathes or stop breathing all together, but usually don't go away unless I take deep breaths. Then after a while ( usually an hour) my heart will give a few extra strong beats then it will stop and I'll be perfectly fine! I've never been tested or told somebody because they've always gone away.

Hey, i am Trisha. I am 15 and a half years old . I have been getting these really weird dizzy spells where i feel unbalanced and like everything in the entire room is on a tilt. I have been having these spells for about 6 months now. It is really scary cause i always get these weird spells during school or gym class which is the worst time to get them. Lately my vision has been going on me like when i look at the board in front of the class the words are all fuzzy and blurry. I only have problems when i look at words far away I am fine when i read a book up close. I always feel like i am walking around in a daze state like everything seems more like a dream and i can go for minutes without blinking but i have been getting 10 hours of sleep every night. Another weird thing is I am getting these really painful chest pains in like the middle of my chest when i think about it to much or become nervous or stressed because of the dizzy spells. For some reason when I am in the mall it triggers these weird spells and sometimes i am really nervous to leave my house and have an attack in around people at a public place. My parents just think that i have gone a little crazy and they don't really believe these attacks are real! sometimes i am terrified and start to cry when i think of all the life threatening things that could be wrong with me. The good thing is i feel like i still have a lot of energy like i jump on my trampoline up and down for hours in my backyard. do you think that motion is causing it? I decided to go to the doctor and he told me lots of females in their teenage years experience this and that it is just syncope so it is nothing to worry about and it will go away when i turn 18. I personally don't think that it is syncope cause i feel like it is much worse! PLEASE PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME !!!! i really want these spells to stop

Hypoglycemia is when you need to take large amounts of sugar and eat plenty of carbs or you will get light headed and show signs of being drunk. Diabetics cannot have as much sugar and carb in take as a Hypoglycemic person can. <<just to clarify to the above statement; i have had Hypoglycemia since I was born and I am 24...

Also, I had two of these passing out episodes yesterday, one while I was working (nothing strenuous) and one while I was eating (I made sure to eat so I could rule out the possibility of my sugar being low). Two minutes after I finished eating I got the sweats, starting shivvering, my fingers and toes went numb as well as my nose and mouth. I was hyperventilating, but for no reason, I was trying so hard to focus on my breathing. I got an in home EKG done and it showed that I had a lack of oxygen going to my heart. I was put on an anti-anxiety medicine to calm my breathing but I am still out of control with it, very short shallow breaths. I know that my issue is not Anxiety, so if anyone has any ideas, I am open to hear them.