Hi, I am 27 years old and still have problems with acne. I have this problem for a long time; my skin is greasy, wet, itching and very prone to acne development. When I travel somewhere and don’t have appropriate and regular facial washing, my acne condition gets even worse. Acne usually appear in puberty, so after 21. year puberty is definitely finished but it seems to me like I will never get out of that “puberty”. Does anybody have any good advice for my problem?

My sister had the same problem; she couldn’t get rid of acne even when she was finishing college. She always had problems with her greasy skin and she only made it worse by trying to cover acne. She couldn’t resist squeezing them, so her whole face was inflamed, red and covered with acne and scars. Many different cosmetic products didn’t show to be effective, prescribed medicines would have some effect while she was taking them, but the problem wasn’t solved and the acne would come back again, as soon as she stopped taking the drug. She heard that some girls solved their problems by starting to take birth control pills regularly, so she decided to try that too. And finally she found the cure. The estrogen and progesterone hormones, which are used in these pills, have direct influence on skin condition, by improving skin appearance. If you are willing to try, you should consult your gynecologist for considering this treatment.