I had colon surgery March 27th 2009: The surgeon took out 22" of my colon and reattached. However, after a few days the colon came apart and spilled into my body cavity. I had to undergo an emergency surgery where the surgeon cut the middle of my stomach up to naval area. I did have infections, pertintis and ilistomy. I am now in recovery and no longer under Doctor supervision.
My question concerns my stomach area and when I can expect the stomach to actually go down in size. I am concerned the ostomy is on the right side: On both sides of incison my stomach feels numb and is huge. My weight is around 115 pounds and small frame.
Will the stomach area go down with time? And will it go down after the reversal surgery?

Hi there, your stomach should be going down with time but if you've had surgery over three months ago I imagine that you'd be seeing some decrease in size by this point. Can you check with your doctor to find out if that's the case? Let me know because it seems to me that you might not be normal. I'm not totally sure. Let me know what your doctor says, okay?