Hi, I have bloody stool, constipation and bowel ache, so I was sent to have colonoscopy and need advices how to prepare for this procedure.

Hi, colonoscopy is not pleasant at all, but as you will be sleeping under influence of anestesia, you will not notice it. If you are going to some experienced doctor it may be beneficial. It is used to examine entire five feet of colon. The procedure lasts from five to twenty minutes. Make a good effort to clean the colon well, as the preparation is essential part. You should take at least two doses of over-the-counter phospho-soda to clean out the colon, or even more if you suffer from constipation. Have a very light lunch the day before the procedure. After lunch, you are allowed only to take liquids. Phospho-soda laxatives mixed with a lot of liquid, are taken at around 7PM, 10PM, and if necessary, 1AM. The stool fluid will be coming out, colored light yellow, not brown.

Bowel Preparation. Over a number of years I have had very limited success with the Bowel Preparations , using Fleet or Glycoprep solutions ( I retain some of the solution ) and don't get a successful clean out. I had a cancer removed from my lower colon followed by Chemo and radiation treatments, 10 years ago. My latest colonoscopy , I eat no solid food for 2 days prior to procedure and took 3 Movicol sachets per day. The day prior the procedure I drank 3 litres of Glycoprep solution commencing at 4 pm . that night I took 2 laxative tablets . ( total 3 days of no solids only clear fluids ) I also drank plenty of clear fluids ,but nothing 9 hours prior to procedure . My bowel functions slowly . I have no problems going to the toilet . Can you offer any bowel cleaning procedure that may give me a effective bowel clean out suitable for successful colonoscopy inspection. With Thanks RON . >:(