I am 31 year old and I am suffering from scalp psoriasis. Although my hair is tick heavy scaling was always visible even on my cloth. I can say I have typical psoriasis problems in all areas of my life. I’ve heard that some people with same problem use liquid cortisone. Is liquid cortisone helpful for scalp psoriasis? Has anyone tried it?

I know a 28 year old guy who received a cortisone scalp application for `peak' periods and coal tar and salicylic acid ointment BNF for "off-peak" use. A tar shampoo was given to him for removing both scales and treatment. He fitted these into his routine life with a maximum of once per day application of each. One month later he has used the cortisone liquid every morning and the tar preparation four evenings each week. The latter was removed by shampooing either late at night or early next morning and only four weeks later the psoriasis remained well controlled despite treatment having been decreased to twice weekly cortisone liquid and tar shampoo.