Find a Doctor Articles Encyclopedia Blogs Tickers Search Register FAQ Log in

I have problems with PTSD, major depression and anxiety, and adhd. I quit using recreational drugs 14 years ago; not even alcohol. I was prescribed 100 mg Zoloft 1x a day, 15 mg adderall morning and lunch, and ambien at night. I too had halucinations that night. I thought i was dreaming, but the next morning my 15 y/0 son and my husband had some interesting stories to tell me. I do recall looking out our window and watching the chairs dancing on the patio, with a purple glow all around them. It wasn't scary, it was fun, in a disney fantasia kind of way. I thought it was a dream, but apparently I invited my family to join me and watch the "show". I decided out of the three drugs, I need the Zoloft the most, and I quit the ambien and adderall. According to my research, zoloft and adderall are not compatible anyway, and ambien has a reputation for causing hulicinations and sleep walking, and amnesia.
As for negative, ignorant and insulting comments, Didn't you ever hear the phrase " If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" ?
You obviously have no clue what illnesses we are struggling with; and for your information, I WORK and so do most of the other commentators. At least we are seeking solutions for our own problems instead of insulting others.

I have prescription for lunesta 3 mg. Last night I took my lunesta hoping to get my mind in the mood to go to sleep after taking one X pill five hours earlier. An hour later I was laying in my bed hoping to get sleepy, but I started to hallucinate, as if I had already started dreaming. I spent the rest of the night having a conversation with a Monty Python movie poster and watching my furniture dancer around my room. But my point is that it seems that any strong stimulant mixed with lunesta causes you to start dreaming before you are able to fall asleep. It was a pretty cool experience though.

And about that bad time you had on weed, you probably just need to smoke in a comfortable place a few time until you can handle Its effects. First couple times I got high I had some pretty intense panic attacks. Just don't get ultra blazed until you have a place to chill, and lots of snacks.

I used to take zoloft, about 3 a day without following my pattern in which I was supposed to take them. So one week I just all the sudden stopped taking them(without realizing i was never supposed never do that), felt extremely manic and depressed, then one week later I popped 3 without consecutively raising my dosage, then got hammered and really stoned, next thing you know I was looking in a friend's mirror and saw myself from a distance looking at myself in the mirror. And for about an hour straight, i could only view things from behind my own self, as if my soul just left my body and vanished away somewhere in the atmosphere.This was about 3 years ago, and ever since then my head hasnt been in the right place, and I get panic attacks constantly. Moral of the story is..if your going to take zoloft, you better take them in the pattern you were prescribed, never take more than your supposed to, never mix anti-depressants with other drugs, and if your gonna quit, dont quit cold turkey, lower your dosage about 10% day after day. Or even a better idea, dont even take zoloft in the first place. Just learn to cope with your emotions without the use of chemical substance.

Marijuana can contain Aspergellium spore, which can cause a serious, life ending lung infection. If you take immunosuppressives, don't smoke weed.

hi guys look if all you guys just stood back and had a hard look at yourself you would see that there is nothing wrong with you.you dont need to take that sh*t,ive seen my father take them for 35years and he is not the same anymore he is like 55 and acts like his 70 plus realy slow..thats screwed they took the life out of him :-( . My ex girlfriend was on aropaxs smoking weed SHE WAS A NUT :-S ........it was like talking to four different people, please just enjoy wat life has to offer you.and take control of your self and not some sh*t drug.................

I've experienced with an "upper" once then did the same and took ambien to sleep. It was nuts....reminded me of when I messed with acid in high school with the feeling of "tripping". Seems like the same happened to you. Google "taking ambien and staying awake", you'll get what you're looking for.

Ex:

"By staying awake when taking Ambien can give you a feeling of being drunk without the alcohol effect, like wobbling when you try to walk, a light headed feeling, some claim it makes them feel high, while others like the drugged effect it has on them.

Misusing Ambien is the main cause of most hallucinations, some are caused by medical problems, but by taking more then you were directed, drinking or by staying awake.

Ambien will make you sleepy so it's more of a forcing yourself to stay awake that will cause hallucinations.
"

I had a similar zoloft/weed experience after only TWO days of just HALF of a 50mg pill of zoloft each day, I was having trouble sleeping the second night, at least 7 hours after taking the 25mg, so I took one hit of some high grade that one of my good friends grew himself, 30 minutes later I felt two strong waves wash over me that felt like anxiety, was seeing close-eyed hallucinations (like DXM, except on this I couldn't control what I saw), and when I opened my eyes all the shadows seemed to grow and cover everything in the room. It never got "out of control" but I felt like I was on the edge of going crazy the whole time.

ive been on zoloft 100mg for over a year now..... the other night i did my normal dose and took a sleeping pill to help me sleep. I slept through the night but the next morning i woke up and there was a person ive never seen before in my life standing beside my bed. this was a hallucination I later found out through out the day i was talking to ppl that weren there. my sister was at work i told my mom that i hung out with her all day. this couldn't have happened but i couldn't be convinced other wise. i went to work and notice when i would stare off that the hallucinations would begin again the hallucinations got weirder and weirder. they seemed so real and yet at some points i would tell myself this and yet the hallucinations would be too real. I thought it was over that night and went outside to smoke a cigarette and they begain again like dancing lights in the skies on a completely dark night ppl dancing in the back yark with a light like the sun shining on them and when a car would drive by the light would go off and when the car passed the light would go on again and they would continue. their was a man 4 times as tall as me standing at the end of the drive way with a wolf in proportion to him. the next morning nothing. im not taking zoloft or sleeping pills ever again!!!!!!!!!

Why are you taking narcotics and Antidepressants and hypnotics and breastfeeding? Don't you realize your passing some of that to your baby? Are you stupid? No wait, dont answer that...

It was definitely the combination of the adderall and ambien. I had been taking ambien on and off for 4 months and had never experience hallucinations (although some do). However, I took both within a small time period and expereienced several hallucinations, like pokeman on a comforter fighting each other or people in my peripheral vision who were't there. I was also conviced a building outside was on fire. I remember being exhausted trying to study and not being able to keep my ideas open because I was "talking" to people in my head. I also had a tripe shot esspresso and a 5 hour energy drink. I barlely remember what i was doing for 3 hours. It was awful and scary. so PLEASE do not take ambien and aderrall together EVER. i found out the next morning that i could've died if i put any more caffeeine in my body

hi
one of my friends gave me one of there pescriptions for something similar i took 400mg and drank it down with vodka (very stupid i know) for the next 72 hours i was seeing some crazy sh*t like actual people in my room and i went to the mirror and my face looked almost like an animated face but still quite real. also if i was in the dark and there was some small light (like from my heater or something) it would begin spazzing out like flashing and shooting all over the place. im really worried actually its been two weeks since and i still dont feel quite normal. oh and ive also recently gotten crazy scared of the dark im pretty sure its related

When I used to take Lunesta (Called Zopiclone in AUS) combined with adderall I would have many visual hallucinations in dim lighting conditions. I was also taking Lamictal at the time, as someone here also mentioned. I should have stopped taking them immediately after realising the hallucination effects, but I continued using Lunesta nightly for a couple of months and now, still a year after ceasing taking the medication, I think I have very mild Hallucinogen Perception Persisting Disorder, (when visual disturbances or hallucinations persist even when not taking any drug). So I warn you to be careful if you decide to continue hallucinating each night on the combination of medications.
For the record, Lunesta/Zopiclone was the most effective sleeping med I've used so it's kind of unfortunate I had to stop and go back to insomnia.

LOL! You have no right to be calling other people dumb. It's pretty much impossible to overdose from marijuana. Wow, you are obviously ignorant and judgmental. You'd be surprised at how many functioning members of society smoke weed and still "better themselves" and "contribute to society." What the hell are you contributing besides stupidity and generalizing a massive group of people? Loser. Also, how are we taxpayers paying for their ER visits? You're startlingly uniformed.