Hello. I'm reading this post in order to help other people with this problem and I know there are a lot of you with it.
I'm 25 year old male and in a past ten years I had problems with stomach gurgling almost all the time.
This represented a big problem for me because it interfered with my everyday activities such as reading or studding in a public library or just simple sitting in classroom. The gurgling was present on both cases- the full and empty stomach. Someone told me that it could be from eating a lot of greasy food because it is hard to digest. So, I stopped with eating so fatty food and in a few days- my problems was gone. So people you know now what to do. Avoid using expensive medications because the solution to your problem could be this simple!

I am suffering from a noisy tummy too and it represents a constant problem for me. You will not believe but it makes a different kind of noise when I am hungry and when I'm not.
I have tried everything to make this bearable. I have even bought some medication for it but it didn’t help. One friend told me that it could be avoided drinking some hot lemonade and it really worked but only for a few days and then- my intestines become immune on it.
I have read your post and I’ve been thinking a lot about it. You see, I'm a big fan of fast food and I have never really thought about the possibility that it could be the cause of my gurgling.
Now, when I know about your case, I will try to avoid this type of food in a future and see what will happen. Thanks!

I'm 29 and in the last few months have noticed this problem more and more..I work in an office and and so get soo paranoid that my tummy doesn't start making noisies.
Even in bed I can hear the noises, especially if I lay on my side.
I have to admit its got me pretty depressed recently as I feel there is no cure for it.
I have tried tablets from the doctor to see if it was an infection/bad bacteria then tried anti spasm tablets. I lived on Mintec, peppermint capsules for a while but none of it really does any good.
I drink warm 7-up alot as someone said that could help, but its not a solution really as its makes little difference.
I do or have eat alot of greasy food, so I will try cutting that out for awhile and see how that goes. I have another doctors appointment at the end of this week, but my doctor seems a bit baffled!
Its nice to know I am not the only sufferer as no-one else seems to understand how this is starting to effect my life now...
If anyone found a cure, they could make a killing as I know I would pay anything amount of money to get rid of this problem once and for all.
I'll keep you updated on any new developments....

i have the same loud noises and bad cramping pains cant figure out what it is i know i have chroins disease but i think the problem is i eat to much when it happens can anyone tell me how to stop the cramping and the noises please e mail me to

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

my stomach noises stopped a lot when I stopped taking the pill. It seemed to really affect my stomach! When I was using the pill I found taking probiotics and fibre supplements helped. I still take probiotics as a daily habit, but i noticed most the noises went away a few weeks after i stopped the pill. For those out there with noises, are you on any medications?

I am a 46 year old female and have been recently having this intestine gurgling problem. I mean it is LOUD and I can feel it. It moves all the way through my intestines. It's like it's pushing everything down and I can have serious gas with it. :-( It will last for hours. I have not had any cramps or pain with it. It is embarrassing because it does get very loud. What is it, what causes it? I think I need to schedule a colonoscopy anyway and may have to gastro doctor check this as well.

Hi, um I have the same problem but my age is different to all of the above.
I'm 12 and my mom doesn't really like me eating junk/fast food.

I get gurgling intestines/stomach a lot but not when I'm like hungry its just random. Like when I'm reading for instance.   It normally happens after I finish my breakfast and am just hanging in my room.   Also when I am in bed it comes a lot too.   I haven't told anyone and am not exactly loving it so please can anyone help me? At all? :(

I'm 17 and I have this noisy tummy also but mine isn't painful, it's just embarssing, I'm always worried if I'm I'm class and it's quiet and when I'm just with my boyfriend and were laying down or anytime I lay down it starts to gurgle. I'm glad I'm not the only one but what I've been reading so far I don't eat unhealthy, and I read to drink warm sprite an ginger ale any other suggestions ?

Three times in experiencing stomach sickness in the Philippines seems to have brought on this digestive gurgling, since. Seems worse after the flu shot.

I had the same issue - no food changes helped. Have been on Colazol for a week now, and symptoms completely gone. It was ruining my life and now that I have found this I have my self-esteem back.