I'm starting to think I shouldn't have even gotten this done. the doctors clearly lied when they said I would be able to eat no problem in 3 days. f**k. I'm 14 years old, I'm small to begin with and I've lost 5 lbs. I can't eat because everything tastes like metal, I'm scared to kiss my boyfriend because he might taste this nasty taste too. the doctor prescribed me t3s and antibiotics. I was taking the t3s until yesterday when I was puking all morning and had to go to the emerg. I don't want to take any because, since I can't eat, they f**k with my stomach. puking definitely doesn't help, my throat is even more swollen and raw now. I felt better the first two days than I do now. I really don't like the white pus on the back of my mouth, it bothers me that I'm swallowing it. when I do eat, I'm so swollen that food gets stuck in my throat and behind my tongue. I'm f*****g sick of this. I need to eat, I am really malnourished even drinking smoothies and things. I'm getting pissed off and frustrated with myself. I'm having nightmares even off the medication, terrible, vivid nightmares and I haven't dreamed in months. I want a pb&j sandwich but I know it'll just get stuck in my throat and taste like pennies.
WHEN WILL THIS GET BETTER? :'(

I am so sorry that you are totally frustrate, but it will get better. Unfortunately, the older you get, the more difficult this type of surgery is. Your symptoms are affecting your recovering. The nutrition thing is the biggest issue. Call the doctor's office and see what types of nutritional drinks he recommends. Do this right away. Without proper nutrition and with the vomiting, your healing will take longer. The sore throat during the first week or so is normal, but there should be some meds to give you pain relieve. However, if you're vomiting, the meds aren't staying in your system. The doctor should have solutions to all of your issues. Get in touch with him/her immediately to get some relief and especially to get the nutrition problem corrected. I hope that you will be feeling better very soon....Let us know.