Skin on my hands is very dry and rough. Skin on my fingertips is the driest and I think that skin in that area is almost dead. It is very thick, but not flaky, and it seems to me that I have lost sense of touch in my finger tips. Can you give me some advices how to manage this problem? I believe that it is very bad feeling for other person to touch my hands.

I had the same problem and I thought that nothing could help me, because tried number of ointments and preparations and nothing worked. A month ago, I’ve heard for lotion called gloves in bottle from a friend that was amazed with that, so I decided to try it. I found it excellent. My skin is soft like never before, and couldn’t even imagine that the feeling would be that good. I use it 3-4 times a day and all the cracks are gone and my hands are smooth. I’m sure you can find gloves in bottle at the drugstore or a pharmacy.

I would like to share this story with you hoping that it might help many like me. I had painful occurrences of cracking finger tips, bleeding and peeling skin on my hand. I went to the skin specialist and she told me that I have psoriasis and gave me rubs, ointment and told me that I will have to use it for rest of my life. This went on for about 1 year and I would get these bouts about once every month and would last for about three weeks. For some other unrelated reasons, I came to know that drinking water (about 8-10 glasses) of water is good for me. So I started drinking more water than normally I did. It has been since last three months that my fingers have not cracked and the roughness is almost gone. Just to make sure that the water is the cause. I stopped drinking this extra water for a fifteen days and the symptoms started to reappear but not like before. One more thing to mention that I used to drink about two to three cups of coffee and about two to three alcoholic drinks per day. I have reduced my coffee drinking by about 90% and I have about one drink a day now. May be this has something to do with it.
Hope this helps. No harm in trying anyway because this amount of water is good for you anyway.
VJ
Edit/Delete Message