I had grommet insertion done a week today.
My ears are painful on and off and I also feel like my head is in a fish bowl when I’m talking. Not all the time though it comes and goes it was worse when I first woke up from the operation it has gotten better I will admit. crackling from the grommets 24/7 And when I lay down I can hear ringing which I never had before and I can hear my own heart beat in my ear. Honestly my ears were annoying before the operation always crackling at loud noises and I’m half deaf. But the ringing and muffling is more annoying I have called my specialist like 5 times complaining and he has disregarded it he took a hearing test and said my hearing is really good now but I’d rather be half deaf then having to deal with listening with this c**p all the time.
I sent an email off today saying if my ears don’t improve with in 2 weeks I want them out.
I don’t get anxiety over it I’m dealing with it. But it is really annoying.
Wish I never got it done now.
You live and you learn no need to dwell everyone that’s having the same problem just think someone out there has got it worse then you. So try not to think so much about it and just smile.

Hi I had the grommet procedure 4 weeks ago and am still partially deaf , whooshing sound and unable to hear my own voice properly!
I feel so disorientated, literally don't know what to do....
Did your symptoms go away? I need some hope here.

Hi there, I had a grommet fitted 2 days ago in my left ear. The day after seemed better but today I have the swooshing noise constantly in my ear and muffled hearing. Can you please tell me if it clears up as all the post on here are of people with the same problem but no one has said whether it gets better or not? Thanks

I just wanted to thank you for this! I had a grommet inserted into my left ear yesterday and I have had a muffled and whoosing sound since. I was a little worried reading all of the comments, but if I never had it done I would have never known if my symtoms would improve!

Only time will tell. Thank you

How are you going now?

Thank u, i had a grommet fitted in my right ear today, lots of wosshing, not gd, pressure too. Hope mibe eases too.

Im the same, had grommet fitted today, ear fullness and muffled hearing is awful, worst ETD ever, i wss not told this may happen. Already want to habe the grommet removed. Cam this be done wuth local annacetic do u know ?

I really hope mine improves, not good at mo but not 24 hrs since op yet.

Once the grommet falls out does hearing usually return to normal?

My consultant said it can tske 1 month told montus, but that things do improve. Do wish we had bn tood this though