Test test trst

My story.before two grommets....crackly ears when swallowing no other sympthoms.went to ent couple of months ago to check hearing was ok.hearing almost perfect the ent said for crackly ears you can have grommets day case op no major complications.so i thought why.not.aug 10 this yr grommet insertion.the minute i came round i knew something was not right.constant whooshing sound ear to ear 24hrs.vibrations in ear AND constant ringing terrible dizziness vertigo .i was told to persevere rang ent they told me go gp one nurse said im anxious its in my head dr laughed it off and said technically it is.not funny.day four august 15 at ent no sleep distraught devastated scared afraid panic and anxiety attacks googled like mad in my waking hrs pulsatile tinnutus .told surgeon he said you will adapt to it.walked out cried in hospital car park he gave me diazepam to sleep no solution.went home no better.several more phone calls tears panic an anxiety and constant whooshing an all the above in the meantime admitted me in hosp aug 18 spent all day waiting for senior dr .response take the grommets and lets see .all this timr every health proffesional told me i imagine it .they dont what it is.and confused faces .well kept me in cancelled the next day sent home.finally aug 27 grommet removal.by this point this has totally finished me nentally.i darent move when i come round few day i could hear whooshing ringing but not at same volume.sept 8th i have constant whooshing at athe loudest iv known strange loud noise like my ear will blow up headaches ear ache no discharge.so nothings improved just got worse.i have googled my heart off .anxirty and panic attacks are in full force.another hospital appmnt but no one knows whats happening .cant cope

And just to add cant hear well blocked ears aswell .sensitive to sounds.its all going on.my hosp appmnt is tommorow but yep theyl tell me to live with it but why should i its so unfair they dont understand it so dont want to deal with it had they told me what could happen i wouldnt ever have done it.

I have been suffering with dizziness and a blocked ear for almost a year and a half tried everything to try and fix it in the end I had a gromet put in my ear on the 2nd Nov this year when I first woke up from the anaesthetic I was completely deaf which freaked me out then I had extreme pain for a week went to GP no infection I have the same thing as everyone else the cotton wool feeling and the whooshing hearing your pulse thing although I don't seem to be hearing that as loud as it was luckily My pain has got better my dizziness dose seem slightly better less pressure in my head I have ENT appt on the 24th so will see what they say sadly I have lost my job through this of 10 years I have been very down and had panic attacks when I get dizzy I'm only 33 years old and I feel like my life is on hold I just pray that my ear gets well just so I can live my life again and success stories would be nice to hear from anyone even if a small improvement will update after my appt I really wish everyone on here the best it's a horrible thing to have

hi there.
i have also recently grommet surgery-left ear and the same feeling of fullness/blocked ear plus that lovely pulsatile swoosh everyones talking about. my husband thinks I'm going mad. and my ENT whom i've been back to see 4 days after surgery says theres nothing he an see wrong with my ears. so go figure.
Im hearing you. hang in there and maybe get a second opinion which is something i will be seeking if this sensation doesn't alleviate within 7 days time.

Hi I had grommets a week ago and experiencing the same post op symptoms as you did. How long did yours take to improve?

I had a T Tube fitted in my right ear a week ago and I am experiencing the same problem. t whooshing noises in my ear when I lie down to sleep and it is driving me crazy cant get to sleep for it. How long does this take to improve.

Yes I agree. I had the same surgery Nov. 2015 and now I hear this irritating swooshing in my ears at night. Its so irritating, and driving me insane.

Hi did your hearing come back? I'm 4 weeks post grommets and still muffled and fed up.

Hi did your hearing return properly? I'm in your situation and it's now 4 weeks on. Thamks

Hi
How did you get on? I'm in a similar situation

Hi i had a gromet fitted 18 days ago and still git muffled hearing, i hope it foes eventually settle

18 days still muffled, dr told me its all in my head......i am so fed up....i so hope it does get better....anybody got any positive feedback plz

Had mine 18 days ago still muffled. ....dr disregarding what ever i say.....so fed up

I have had a history of tinnitus and catarrh since 1978 and between 1978 and 1983 have had 2 grommets put in my left ear and 4 grommets in my right ear...swallowed it would cause loud bangs in my ear......worse......also a perforation in 2007 in the left ear.......the ears got worse last year after an infection and when I ning my hearing has gone very deaf......severe pain in the left ear...dr said it is swollen of the hearing and then the left ear drum was sucked right in and pressing on the bones in the middle ear........so a fortnight ago I had grommets put in....yet again and then and red......and to cap it all...I have horrific load hissing in both ears with a rumbling and loud roaring in head or ears..........I also have a tune come on which I feel I can hear it in my head from somewhere in the distance....but it is in my head and can't switch it off.....life is hell...................I cannot cope.