Before I get into it, I do understand that the stomach does make noises while digesting and moving around - this is something new and entirely different.

I mean, the easiest way to put it is this - sometimes my stomach whines this very high-pitched noise, normal enough, but sometimes it just sounds like I'm farting when I am most definitely not. I can feel it when it makes that noise, and it does feel towards the side or back of my stomach rather than up front, and almost always occurs more loudly and persistently AFTER I eat. I also can feel stuff - I'm assuming air, or gas - moving around in my stomach like big bubbles expanding and contracting. Towards the end of my senior year this year it happened more and more often - and almost always in the one class that was quiet, so quite frequently people would hear. Sometimes it was even accompanied by small stomach cramps.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with gastroenteritis, as it was going around and they said I had a lot of buildup of gas and the doctor said my stomach was abnormally active and noisy. However, this was months ago now. I have some off-brand Gas-X that helps alleviate the cramps, but that's really it.

I tried brushing it off with the old, "Oh haha it's just my stomach" spiel, but it is SO embarrassing and nerve-wracking. At first I thought well, maybe the school food upset my stomach - often it was undercooked, overcooked, or simply OLD, so I switched to their parfait with granola and that seemed to help temporarily.

What is going on? Is it an intolerance or maybe IBS? I have grown a noticeable intolerance to most dairy products, but I do a good job of avoiding the stuff that effects me - things like yogurt have little to no effect. It's seriously so embarrassing and I'm scared to even get a job, honestly.

I have this same problem. If I sit on a wooden bench at a restaurant I’m
Afraid someone will think I farted because the gases move around so much and are kinda popping in my belly but not actually coming out. It’s nerve wracking and the sounds are embarrassing. This has been going on since my first surgery in 2013 (laparoscopic)for total colon removal and continued since. Had a second surgery to remove adhesions, internal hernia, blockage etc in 2017 (open) now I constantly look 5 months pregnant. I was a size 0, and now an 8 from the stomach bloat.

I'm underweight, struggle to gain weight, and don't even experience any bloating with the noises I mentioned I experience - but I definitely hate going anywhere that I know is going to be a quieter place. It makes me so nervous and I hate that it disrupts my day-to-day life so much.