I did 1/4 mi. intervals yesterday and by the 8th one, I had hit a new max HR of 206 BPM (previously 203 BPM).

Now I've got two questions...

1) I'm not so sure that I've really found my Max HR. I think I could have gone harder yesterday, but that wasn't the point of the workout. Could my actual max HR be even higher?

2) I did 12 miles LSD the day before yesterday at 150 BPM avg. That works out to only running at 65% of my new max HR. Should I speed up so I'll average 159 BPM (which is 70% of my max HR)?

What's your RHR?

203 8O

I'd use the new max. It's possible last time you didn't quite peak.

actually i'd try to repeat it. maybe it was an artifact, an automatic door, an eletrical field, or even someon who went by you on a bike? :shrug: one thing i learned from my science background, it's not true if you can't repeat it and get the same result. if you did get a new Mhr, it's possible, just not probable then re adjust your zones accordingly damn mines only 202, I must Bump Up MHR

From what I read, I would use that as you new max.

Holy c**p that is high

173 here

Mine's 203. I was terribly excited by that until I realized it had nothing to do with my fitness level. The only advantage I've found is my running buddies will be ticking of their HR #'s when we check our effort, and mine is usually about 20 beats higher, yet I'm working at their intensity. It's all mental since it means nothing.

Holy c**p batman.... My max HR is about 170.

I have a max HR test you can follow if you want it let me know.

Sheldon

OH yeah, I'm with Hyper, if you can't repeoduce it, it never happened!

I've done it twice now.

Then it must be true.
Sheldon

I have never tested mine so I don't know what my max is.

I do the typical 220-age for Max. (180bpm) I settled into it and now I am accustomed to it. Sometimes I'll push it pretty hard, go above it by 20-30 beats or so, but then I want "loose my lunch," so to speak. I'm as competitive as the next guy, but I draw the line there. I would use the high one and see if it works out, everyone is different, but I should qualify that by saying that I am not a doctor or coach.

Holy c**p that is high!

Are you a hamster or a runner? :bowdown:

Holy cow!!

180 here... i think

Funny that you bumped this thread up. I did intervals again last night and managed to hold on to 206 BPM for a good 10 seconds, but it never went above that.