Hi! I’ve started a detox diet three days ago. Basically I am trying to eat only vegetables, some fruit and fish while taking large amount of water and lemonade as well as some herbal teas. After only one day I’ve started feeling a headache and tiredness. The next day I was sleepy all day and had very little energy. As I was told detox diets are there to help us regain our energy and speed up our metabolism. It is doing quite the opposite for me for now. Has anyone of you used had a detox diet? Did you too feel sleepy during the detox diet?

Me and my friends all took detox diet and we all felt great after it. But at the beginning it was hard for some of us. Two of my friends also had headaches and I was feeling very tired during the first week. We turned to a professional for guidance and we were explained that it is because of the caffeine withdrawal. So if you are used to consuming large amounts of caffeine you should gradually decrease that amount before starting the detox diet or you might feel this way. Also make sure that you take enough water or some other fluid so as you don’t get the constipation too. Hang on and you’ll see that it’s worth it.

Hello! I must say that I am against detox diets. You don’t need a detox diet to detoxify your body since it is perfectly capable of doing it on its own. Your body has evolved in such way that it can elimenate all the harmful substances which it takes in. Also there is no evidence that detox diet has any positive effects. And in some cases it can even be harmful. If you continue this kind of diet for a long time it may result in nutrient deficiencies such as protein or calcium. It can also cause headaches, as you already found out, but also diarrhea which can lead to dehydration and electrolyte loss. You might end up needing a doctor and you just wanted to have more energy and speed up your metabolism. You’d better go exercise, it will help you get what you want and it has no side-effects, don’t you agree?

That last comment is completely false.   There is tons of calcium in leafy greens.  I've been a vegetarian and now vegan my whole life.  Never had a problem with protein.   Detoxing does not hurt you.  No your body does not get rid of toxins in your fat if you keep loading them over and over.  Gotta rid the fat.  Last comment is typical example of wrong information.  I suggest looking at many different sources of info and make up your own mind as to what makes sense. 

Hello, I've been detoxing for two days now on my third day. My energy level has decreased significantly. Ive been having those same thoughts and questions. But after reading some of the comments I guess its normal. Its a horrible feeling of tiredness but im going to keep going.

I disagree. I am approaching 50 feel bloated. Haven't started the menopause and my door has said quit the caffeine, stop the sugar, etc... Because as women's bodies go into the menopause (
A massive change for the body) your body can't cope with the effect of coffee sugars breads on particularly the blood sugar levels cortisol etc., detox I now think of as an opportunity for women to get to ground zero with their bodies during the menopause - cleaning away the junk...