I have been eating whatever I want and as much of it as I fancy for a long time now, and needless to see, my weight has crept up more than a little. I know the weight is not the only problem, and that I also need a detox because of all the bad foods I have been eating. What is the best diet for a quick and safe detox?

I have said it before and I will say it again - I am a big fan of juice fasts, but I don't like buying ready made juice fasting diets like the Hollywood diet, but with a great juicer like the vitamix, you can make wonderful smoothies and juices right at home for much cheaper. Sure, the juicer is a bit of an investment but then you can enjoy it for many years to come. Perhaps you could do a straight juicer fast for three days, and then, afterwards, replace a meal a day by a good, home-made smoothie. There are lots of great recipes on the web!