I think you might be mistaking hunger for heartburn and that those healing foods you mention coat the stomach. I vote for acid being the problem, not empty stomach.

I also have this problem UNLESS I add ginger into my diet. Sometimes I will juice the ginger with pineapple juice and drink 6-8oz a day or take the ginger pill form when I am short on time. It seems when I take the pill form morning and night it does just as good a job as the juice. You can juice 3 pounds of ginger by peeling the skin(Discard skin) chop skinned ginger small chunks adding to a blender and adding just enough pineapple juice to cover the chops, blend until smooth and strain into a container discarding left over ginger chunks(shreds). Add the rest of the pineapple and you have prepped for atleast 5 days. It's spicy!!

I had all these same symptoms, and I got tested for H. Pylori. Tested positive and treated it with some antibiotics!

I have been having the exact same symptoms. For maybe 5-6 years now. If I don't eat as soon as I feel hungry, I feel fine but my stomach starts to bloat. As soon as I start to eat, it's like the gas can't get out because the food is blocking it in and causes excruciating pain and even more bloating. A few weeks ago, I went to a restaurant for dinner. Wasn't particularly 'starving'. Sat down, ordered drinks and my stomach just started feeling like it was knotting itself up. I have never ever had that before. Then it was like cramping and forcing me to double over in pain. In the end, the pain won. I had no choice but to go lie down in the car because I didn't want to look like an id**t lay down in a booth in a restaurant. I've never been to my doctor about it because whenever I tell my family about it, they think I'm weird or exaggerating. So I'm scared my doctor will think the same and wonder why I've wasted 10 minutes of his time when there's sick children in the waiting room.

Currently curling over in pain with extreme bloating after eating a bowl of vegetable soup.

Lol... I have similar problem to

GO TO THE DOCTOR, contact a gastroenterologist. They will try to get to the root of your problem. You may have to endure some tests, which I experienced year before last, but it was worth it, to eliminate issues that were not the source, but to narrow down what the symptoms mean. Try not to go too long without eating enough. This causes my belly to swell and hurt quite often. So now I eat smaller meals and it has really helped to reduce and / or eliminate this problem. You may also wish to check into what is called Leaky Gut Syndrome. Hang in there, but try to determine what's causing your misery. Good Luck!

I have been having the same symptoms as everyone here. I remembered my grandma use to tell me as a child to drink warm water and that helped me out a lot as a child with gas. So about 6 years ago I had gastric bypass surgery about a year later I started noticing I was having issues with hunger pain then they would turn into crazy gas pain soon after if I didn't eat right away. So I remembered what my grandma told me to do drink warm water for gas but at the time I was in my car and the only thing I could get that was warm/hot was my boyfriends cappuccino so hey it was worth the try I drank it and surprisingly it worked within 5 mins the pain was gone like it never exsisted

I get this nearly every morning when I get hungry. As soon as the hungry rumblings start my stomach starts to bloat and when too much gas builds up the pain starts. The pain gets worse and worse and if I wake up in this state I'm in really severe abdominal pain. Fortunately I found Gas X. I take 1 Gas X tablet and within 30 seconds I feel the pain levels off. Then within another 60 seconds or so I start belching 5 or 6 times and the pain is completely gone. I'm sure any other over the counter gas relief would do about the same. I have not tried any other brand because this one works so well for me. Also if I eat right away as soon as the pain starts the pain will stop as soon as food gets to my stomach. But I keep those Gas X tabs with me everywhere. At work, in a meeting and can't eat? I just take one tablet and I don't have to worry. I read the ingredients, and it just breaks up the gas into small bubbles so you can belch easier. It doesn't enter the bloodstream so I really think it is safe. Don't take more than what the label says. I usually only need 1 in the morning cause i usually wake up hungry and in some level of pain. From what one Dr. Told me, the juices in the stomach start turning when you get hungry and that stirs up everything that causes the gas. If I am hungry during the day and moving around I can belch and it keeps the pain and bloating from happening. I can actually be hungry and not get the pain as long as I keep belching. Then once i eat everything is fine. I dont know why it started bothering me at the age of 48. I am lactose intolerant and I have IBS too so maybe because IBS causes spastic movements in the gut, that stirs everything up? That's my thinking. I have had colonoscopy and 2 endoscopy''s and nothing major showed except that i have IBS. Hope this helps! Good luck

I have had this problem too, what helps me get through the pain is to lay down, and apply a heating pad where it hurts.

Hi, I also don't eat gluten any more because I had the same problems as you. When I eat carbohydrates my glucose levels go up and after an hour I am even more hungry than I was before breakfast. Food rich in fat and proteins and no crabs helps a lot, to prevent the pain and bloating. I am going to try the ketogenic diet now. Hopefully this will help me to adjust my body to adapt to burning fat and not getting hungry so soon.

I have this exact problem. I know I have to eat as fast as possible when I start to feel the pain, then I pass loads of gas and feel it immediately dwindle away

I have a similar problem as well. While I don't believe it has anything to do with overrating/being diabetic, I do experience the same abdominal pains and bloated/gassy feeling. When I ignore hunger, I usually experience the pains about an hour to two hours later. I work out regularly (6-7 days a week for 3 hours) and burn a lot of calories by doing so, and need to replenish my body by replacing these calories. These pains began about 3-4 years ago and I have never been able to immediately resolve the issue by eating. I will eat and then have to wait 30 minutes to an hour before I feel normal once more. I am very young and a competitive athlete that needs constant fuel throughout the day, and I have never found myself skipping meals. I typically eat breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks in between each meal (with the exception of dinner to breakfast). Being overly hungry seems to cause this issue but I don't see how this could be possible, seeing as I eat up to 2500 calories per day and I still maintain my weight. I hope there is a solution out there.

It's kind of sad I went through SO many crazy tests, several endoscopies and several gastroenterologists and they couldn't figure out what was wrong with me, clearly this is a real medical condition many people suffer with.

Thank you so much for mentioning this. I am in the process of doing this as I have differed on and off for years

Thank you so much. I am glad you ate better
It help s to share.