Hi, I am going through a tough divorce. My husband and I have been married for fifteen years. We had a wonderful life until two years ago. All of a sudden we started to fight for no apparent reason. Because the fighting started to affect the children, I decided to file for a divorce. I had no idea what I was getting myself into. He wants me and the children to move out of our house. I can not believe what he has turned into. Is there something I can do to overcome these divorce problems? I am not sure how much more I can take.

Hi, there is not such thing as a pleasant divorce. No matter how civilized we think we are, divorce always brings out the worst in all of us. I guess from what you have told me that you have not tried to talk to your husband about the divorce. This was a big mistake. Imagine how you would have felt if he had dropped this kind of news unannounced. I believe that he was very hurt and that he is now just trying to make you pay for the pain you have caused him. However, it is still not too late. I know that what I am about to propose may seem like a waste of time, but I am sure that it will help you to solve the problems about the divorce. Try talking to your husband. I know that this may be hard. But you have nothing to lose. If you think that you can not do this on your own, hire a mediation agent to help. I believe that this way you will be able to reach an agreement with your husband that will be good for the both of you.

I'm sorry to hear that, Carol. We're on the same situation, I've filed for divorce and the spousal support from my ex. It's not easy to recover from the nightmares of divorce, it takes time. But, for as long as you locked yourself at home and think that everything has fallen because of divorce, nothing will happen and you'll forever stuck on that problem.

There are lot of things that will inspire you outside. If you open your heart to forgiveness and to the reality of divorce, you'll sooner find the bright side of it. Think of the things that you want to do now that you husband is gone. Look, you're free to join activities and mingle with friends because there's no hubby who would have nagged at you when you missed dinner. If you keep on thinking, "Oh, I cant move on...I wanna die," you'll end up miserable. Take time to analyze yourself and discover the world around you.

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed